Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Best way to solve corrupt files on memory card ?

Counsellor
swayzak

Best way to solve corrupt files on memory card ?

Hi

I was trying to back up my memory card (5800XM) via Windows XP - copying/pasting - and several corrupt files were thrown up.

e.g "22%.dat" in the Private\....\Cache\E\ folder, a file for Opera Mini DS folder

Even when I deleted 22%.dat from the phone, it was miraculously resurrected as soon as I tried to copy over again.

What's the best way to solve this ?

Do I have to reformat the card & reinstall Ovi Maps, music / image files, Apps again ?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
swayzak

Re: Best way to solve corrupt files on memory card ?

Anyone ?
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
kingblue

The best way will indeed be to format your memory card, and reinstall everything again.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
swayzak

kingblue wrote:

The best way will indeed be to format your memory card, and reinstall everything again.

Thanks

What does the "%" signify in this corrupt 0kb .dat file ?

Why does the phone recreate the faulty file everytime I delete it with Windows ?

There is a 1kb "22.dat" file as well (which I presume is the healthy version)

Please use plain text.