Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C disk space fill up after Belle

Advisor
ozgurkinaci
Accepted Solution

C disk space fill up after Belle

Hello,

I have a C7-00 (RM-675) with Belle (111.030.0609).

After updating to Belle, C disk is regularly becoming full. Then everything becomes slow or does not function, as expected.

Only solution I found is deleting log files in folder cpix via X-plore. It happens every 2 weeks according to my feeling, I have not actually calculated the frequency. After I delete the log files, I have 150 MB space on C.

Today, X-plore did not start when I had no space left. I could somehow make OS decide that it crashed and reboot itself. Then it cleared some extra data and it was possible to start X-plore and delete the logs below cpix.

As a solution for next time, I have placed a large (6MB) file in C below data folder, where I can access via default file manager.

I think there should be a proper solution. That is why I am writing to you.

Thanks in advance,

Özgür

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Did you do a reset on the phone before updating to Belle ? I always find resetting the phone when updating provides a smoother result, it removes any residue of the old software, gives maximum available space on C and makes the new software work better , havinf=g a clean start. It does involve some time and effort, but is worth while. Back up Contacts, Calendar and Notes ONLY (a full backup and restore would restore any possible conflict) Then dial *#7370# followed by 12345. Once phone is restarted and 'out of the box' reinstall the latest software and then set up manually, you will find the phone is working like new !!

Good Luck

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

Join the thread here as well....

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ozgurkinaci