Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Can't unlock N97 mini while charging via USB cable

Advisor
jayenashar

Can't unlock N97 mini while charging via USB cable

Hi,

I realize I'm careless for letting my battery die so often, but I have trouble unlocking my phone if I:

1. let the battery die and the phone shut itself off
  2. plug the usb charger into my computer and the phone
  3. turn on the phone

I end up being unable to unlock the phone.  If I press the power button or menu button, I am prompted with the message "Use keyguard switch to unlock screen and keys"  But sliding the keyguard switch has no effect.

So, I am left with no recourse except to pull out the battery (thank God it's not an iPhone), but what can I do so the keyguard switch works when it's supposed to?

Thanks,

Jayen

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: Can't unlock N97 mini while charging via USB cable

I am facing the same problem. Once I turn on the phone, the screen automatically locks by itself, and I am prompted to use the keyguard switch to unlock whenever I press the buttons or touch the screen. However, the keyguard doesn't work! It just doesn't unlock. As a result, I am unable to use the phone at all.Pulling out the battery and putting it back doesn't work either.

This happens all of a sudden. I don't even know what was the cause. :smileysad:

Have you found the solution yet?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jayenashar

The "solution" is to turn it on when it's not plugged in.

Please use plain text.
Vapour

This is not a solution. Leaving a mobile phone off for 2 hours while it charges defeats the purpose of owning one. I am having the same problem too. The phone locks and then I cant unlock it while it is charging. I've tried firmware updates but there don't seem to be any from my mobile carrier. Software version v 11.2.102 Software version date 1-02-10 Custom Version 11.2.102.251.03 Custom Version date 03-03-2010 Language set 49 Model N97mini Type RM-553
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jayenashar

My carrier has blocked updates as well. I believe you can still do updates via USB, but I haven't tried it.
Please use plain text.