Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Cannot Update my Firmware!! Please Help!!!!

mehranshaikh

Cannot Update my Firmware!! Please Help!!!!

Hey,
I have Nokia 5233 (aka 5288).

I tried to update its software using Nokia Ovi Suite, but it asked me to update Nokia Ovi Suite first, so I updated the Ovi Suite. But, when it got updated, it did not recognize my device. I received this error message, "Nokia 5233 USB Phone Parent does not exist as an installed service."

I thought there was some problem with my device, so I tried to connect Nokia X3 and Nokia 7210, but they also showed the same error message. I had to use System Restore to get my phone to connect to PC...

Now, I whenever I connect the phone to PC, it shows me "Support Software Installation Failed", but it connects just fine.

I want to update my firmware, but I cannot do it. please, can someone tell me how do I get my phone to connect to the new version of Ovi Suite?

I also tried to update it with Nokia PC Suite, but when I installed the Nokia Software Updater, I faced the same problem as I faced when I updated Ovi Suite. It showed, "Nokia 5233 USB Phone Parent does not exist as an installed service."

Please tell me a way to update my software. And I've heard about FOTA. Is there a way to update with FOTA without having to download files through my phone directly. I mean, can I download files on my computer and then transfer them to my phone?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

Re: Cannot Update my Firmware!! Please Help!!!!

The problem with Ovi Suite looks like a connectivity problem. Try going to control panel in Windows, and uninstall PC Connectivity Solution plus all entries for "Nokia connectivity cable driver". Then re-run the Ovi Suite installation filr to replace the connectivity software and try again.

FOTA is not recommended for these models unless you have a good data plane because you don't have WLAN support so updating over the air could be expensive.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Re: Cannot Update my Firmware!! Please Help!!!!

Apart from removing EVERYTHING Nokia or Ovi  from your computer in add/remove programmes and doing a fresh install, try Nokia Software Updater, I find it better for updates then Ovi Suite !

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.