Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Cannot install Ovi Store app after hard reset ...

Contributor
4yuzzz

Cannot install Ovi Store app after hard reset + latest firmware update!! HELP

Today i performed a hard reset with *#7780# and *#7370# and then a updated my phone with Ovi Suite to the latest firmware 1.1

I have lost Ovi Store, Ovi Social app and also the web tv widgets!

How can i install ovi store again?

I cannot install via the web browser of the phone i get a install error everytime.

Please provide some easy sollutions. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Cannot install Ovi Store app after hard reset + latest firmware update!! HELP

There are currently no easy solutions apart form getting firmware re-installed at Nokia Care Point.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
4yuzzz

Re: Cannot install Ovi Store app after hard reset + latest firmware update!! HELP

So do we have to go to the Nokia Care Point everytime we perform a hard reset? Or is there going to be a sollution to this hard reset problem any time soon like in PR 2.0?

I not only lost ovi store app but also nokia social app etc. I am very dissapointed...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
georgeb2010

i have same problen cant get ovi store to install after hard reset.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
georgeb2010

meaning my smart fone is just a fone now, disappointed yet again :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

4yuzzz wrote:

So do we have to go to the Nokia Care Point everytime we perform a hard reset? Or is there going to be a sollution to this hard reset problem any time soon like in PR 2.0?

I not only lost ovi store app but also nokia social app etc. I am very dissapointed...

You shouldn't have to perform a hard reset on the phone

the hard reset is only meant to eb used if the phone is not able to boot properly

the *#7370# reset will clear the phone back to an out of box state but should not cripple the qt install (or maps and store) tho store may need a re-install

Please use plain text.
Contributor
4yuzzz

My phone wasn't working properly: it was freezing about 4-5 times a day and rebooting. So I wanted a clean install.

As suggested I went to the Nokia Care Point and updated my phone again.

Then when a came home I tried to install Ovi Store with no succes.

I cannot install this app. I get the same install error message!

Nokia what do I have to do now?? Please help people!

Please use plain text.