Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Cannot install driver software for N8-00, Windows ...

Timothy_Ryan

Cannot install driver software for N8-00, Windows Vista 32

I'm having a lot of trouble getting any Nokia software to work on my PC.

(This was the same for my previous Nokia 2730.)

The first time I connected my N8-00 to my PC, running Windows Vista 32, my PC worked out it was an N8-00 and a window appeared asking me to confirm AutoPlay settings - there was a checkbox (which I checked), but no OK button.

I could go to Start > Computer and see the N8-00 there though.

I opened the device and found the Ovi Suite Installer and tried to run that (because the downloaded version didn't work either - I'll start another thread about my troubles with Ovi Suite) but it didn't work.

I then removed the phone from my PC.

Now whenever I connect my phone to my PC Windows tries to install the N8-00 drivers and fails, giving me these messages:

"Found New Hardware - Nokia N8-00"

"Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.

Nokia N8-00 USB Phone Parent

No such interface supported

If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website and check the support section for driver software."

Obviously not being able to connect my phone to my PC is very frustrating and restricts many of the features I wish to use.

Help in solving this issue would be very greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
CrapPhone

Re: Cannot install driver software for N8-00, Windows Vista 32

Yes the problem here is quite straightforward. You and I not only have a **bleep** phone but we also have **bleep** operating sstems on our computers. I cant solve this problem either. I do know the solution. A Blackberry Torch and Windows 7 

Please use plain text.
rjager46

Sorry, this is no reply, but another cry!!

I was hoping to get an answer from Nokia on this subject after this was posted in May. I do have the same problem, and am awaiting a solution. If a solution has been posted I would be grateful for a link to the answer.

Please use plain text.
RA_GRAM

Could someone of you resolve the problem about the connection of N8-00 to PC??

I have the same problem and I can't resolve it. :confused:

Best regards!!

Please use plain text.