Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Contact Image

jrsf

Contact Image

Hi all! I have a Nokia N8 with Symbian Belle and I don't really have any problems with it except that Social automatically links contacts wtih Facebook and/or Twitter and replaces the contact picture.

Social's not why I'm here though. I wanted to know how to make the contact image less blurry when I place or receive a call.

I use Nokia Suite to create contacts and add images to those contacts using a 400x400 pixel-JPEG image. Then I sync them with my N8 and it saves the contacts without any problems. However, when I place or receive a call, the contact picture is blurry (kinda like the image was resized to something smaller).

Can anyone give me a way to add contact images having better resolution? Thanks!!

Please use plain text.
Sage
Ngwangwa

Hi jrsf,

About you problem, I usually add contact picture for my contacts that I have taken with my Nokia N8-00 camera using gallery or by having their pictures from other sources but I do not resize them and during the adding process it is resized automatically and when the contact calls me, the image is clear and not blurred as at your case.

Ngwangwa - Six Million Ways To Die Choose One
Please use plain text.
jrsf

It actually works fine when I select it from the gallery. It shows good resolution when calling or receiving a call.

I was hoping I can do it straight from Nokia Suite so I may work faster with my contacts :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks for your reply, by the way.
Please use plain text.