Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Delivery reports on N95

Counsellor
dyonas

Delivery reports on N95

Is there an issue with text message delivery reports on the N95? I enabled the option to get delivery reports and have sent a few texts since getting it a few days ago but despite the messages getting through the delivery reports ALL say "Pending". I even tried sending myself a text to a phone sitting next to me and despite it arriving within a few seconds the report still listed it as "Pending" after a few minutes. I'm on an O2 N95 if it matters any with v11 firmware (latest available on O2).
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

If there's an issue with delivery reports this is normally to do with the Network.

I suggest you give O2 a call and make sure that they offer that service.
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dyonas

I know that O2 allow delivery reports, that's why I'm wondering if it's an issue with the phone :/ It's not a huge deal but it is something I'm used to and I find it helpful to know if the message gets through or not.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
thegladsatsuma

I've been with O2 for 6 years or so and as far back as I can remember delivery reports have not been available, I could be wrong but I've never been able to receive reports they also just say pending. I think they allow reports for media messages as these always worked for me.

If you have no luck type *0# then leave a space at the start of your message and when the message is delivered you will get a text back saying it's been delivered.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dyonas

That's what I wanted to know, thanks thegladsatsuma. If I do that, will that show at the start of the message to the person getting it and is there any cost associated with it?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
thegladsatsuma

[ Edited ]
No the *0# bit doesn't show up for them, I'm not sure about the cost, I don't think so, as it shows up in your inbox as a message from the person you've text like this

(I've just text my dad so I can see exactly what it says)

Message 2375320309 to 44xxxxxxxxxx, was delivered at 17:35 on 14/09/07. Text: just trying somethi

so it tells you the date, time, phone number and part of the text so you know which text it was if their phone was off at the time you sent it.

I really don't know if it costs, I should imagine if it does it would be one text message, maybe someone else can clarify this?

Post edited to remove phone number

Message Edited by michaels on 15-Sep-2007 04:47 PM

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dyonas

[ Edited ]
That's handy! Thanks a lot, I've just given it a try myself and will be using it :smileyhappy: I'll let you know if I find any costs associated with it, or if anyone else knows and posts that'd be great.

Oh by the way, you might want to take the number out of your post to avoid unwanted calls / texts etc..

Message Edited by dyonas on 14-Sep-200705:46 PM

Please use plain text.
Contributor
thegladsatsuma

you're welcome!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
thegladsatsuma

Don't worry, I made the number up, oh just thought it might be someone elses phone number, lol I'll blank it out :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
thegladsatsuma

oh no, you can only edit if someone hasn't replied to it, it's stuck there!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dyonas

lol Oh well, no real harm done :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
richcowell

I've used *0# since I've been with o2 when they were Cellnet way back when...

It's awesome, and I'm 99.99% certain you don't get charged for the service, which is great cos I'd be lost without it lol

You don't have to leave a space after the code though, so you're only wasting 3 characters, which is nice :smileyhappy:
Nokia History: 3110, 5110, 7110, 7110, 3510i, 6210, 6310i, 5210, 6100, 6610, 7250, 7250i, 6650, 6230, 6230i, 6260, N70, N70, 5300, N95, N95, E71, E72
Current Phone: HTC Sensation - Android 2.3
Please use plain text.
Sage

No. O2 do not offer delivery reports.

I've been on an O2 contract for 2 years and they don't offer it unfortunately.

I know that Orange do, they even support network time. O2 don't.

Suggests to me that O2 don't really want to offer such USEFUL services.
Owned: Nokia 3510i, Nokia 3120, Nokia 6230i, Nokia 6233, Nokia N73, Nokia N82.

Current: Nokia N900!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
thegladsatsuma

15-Sep-200709:44 AM
richcowell wrote:

You don't have to leave a space after the code though, so you're only wasting 3 characters, which is nice :smileyhappy:

Ooh thanks for that Richcowell, I was never sure if you had to a leave a space or not, now I know for sure :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.