Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Display won't turn off **bleep** locking.

Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd
Accepted Solution

Display won't turn off after locking.

My 701 running on belle fp1 doesn't turn off the display after locking the phone?

It's just keeps the display always on.
Restarting solves the problem but this is happening again and again.

Please solve this Nokia.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Sage

Re: Display won't turn off after locking.

I noticed a similar behavior of my 701 with Belle FP1, but limited to particular situations.

It happens only when I lock the screen during a phone call. The display turns black but I can see the backlit is still on. It will eventually go off after the standard timeout, as if I had the display unlocked.

And the backlit will go on again if I "tickle" the proximity sensor... that means unnecessary battery consumption while you keep your phone in your pocket!

Another issue is the volume/reject buttons are not locked, e.g. I can adjust volume or close a call even with my phone locked - and this happened to me a couple times, since I locked my phone to put it in my pocket while I was talking (using a wired earpiece).

Maybe it's not what Srikanthsd is experiencing on his phone, but I think it's worth to be pointed out...

cheers

m

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Hello Srikanthsd, did you install any app to lock your phone like anti theft or some other security app?
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

No,
I noticed that popclock at the top left yesterday when I pressed the menu key after lock.

Actually I have lot of apps installed on the memory card like games and apps.

After firmware reinstall at Nokia care, I inserted back my memory card and copied all mass memory backup from my pc.

After stating the phone after inserting memory card, phone started to display installing without cancel button and I got back almost all of the apps. :smileyhappy:

Maybe this is caused the popclock or Nokia bubbles to show and turn the display always on.

Today I had no problem at all.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

[ Edited ]

It actually happens after connecting my 701 to PC in Nokia suite mode. :smileysad:

Also in the gallery we cannot goto last picture by scrolling first picture swiping left to right.

Connecting to PC causes problems in the device, no problem working with PC.

FP1 is Very poor software for connecting to PC in Mass storage as well as in Nokia suite mode, Device hangs and display won't turn off after lock respectively.

Nokia solve all these immediately.

Hope 808 comes with updated FP1.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Re: Display won't turn off **bleep** locking.

Used restore option from settings and It is working fine now.

Please use plain text.