Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: F-Secure on N8. Please Note

Counsellor
DrTech

F-Secure on N8. Please Note

Hi Everyone

I just want to notify  that the F-Secure security key should be numerical only because although the the F-Secure allows alpha-numerical key, if the SIM card removed the Alpha mode is disabled and you can not insert letters only numbers. In this case you'll be stuck and you'll need to insert the SIM and force restart via long press on power button and you can't use the phone without SIM.

Good Luck with your N8 :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ryxxx

I installed this on my N8 yesterday and had no end of issues. Calls would drop, I couldn't answer or make calls as the touch screen didn't work. Numerous restarts and the same every time. As it was only the making / receiving calls side of things that were affected (as far as I could tell) I managed to uninstall the app. All fine with the N8 again now.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
DrTech

It works very fine for me
try reinstall after restart. It is very important for security.
good luck with it.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cazanne1

Hey there i have this flippin f secure on my nokia n8 after being locked out of the phone luckily for me i turned my phone sideways and there was the alpha keyboard did not mention you best only use numeric. anyway if you uninstalled the app could you please let me know how you did it as i want to get it off my phone. thanks and merry christmas.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Tahvo

I have full versio of this in my phone and I dont see anything wrong in it. And if you have problems whit this app contact F-secure not Nokia. Since they make the app

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cazanne1

Thanks for you help but i just want to know how to remove it from my phone i realise it's not a nokia problem just not sure how to uninstall program when its not listed in the remove from applications and i have taken on board your suggestion of contacting f-secure and i will. merry christmas.
Please use plain text.
Professor
babis3g

i had f secure on mine and was getting message "Insert sim card and restart phone"

was happening many times

once unistall never faced this problem again

if is not appearing in installed program applications then go to the folder where is appearing and press options>orgasnise>delete

Please use plain text.
patrickeb

Thanks for the advice on how to remove - this was REALLY bugging me and I couldn't work it out. Duh! :smileyhappy: Kind regards. Patrick
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

I removed F Secure two days after getting my E7, useless !! Better simply using the in built pin, which you can set yourself, and the txt lock which you can also set up yourself, just get your PUK code first :smileywink:

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
red881

i already inserted letters and it is not working
how can i fix this
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
red881