Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

FAILED -- Nokia X6 bluetooth connection with Ovi s...

Advisor
gm_w

FAILED -- Nokia X6 bluetooth connection with Ovi suite on PC

I installed ovi-suite on my windows XP laptop and tried to connect my X6 using bluetooth. I was able to punch in passcode on my X6. Then ovi suite simply won't continue recognizing my x6. I do see my laptop been paired in my X6, but ovi-suite simply won't continue to next step. After a while of "searching" ovi suite simply shows an error and the process continues.

So how do I connect x6 to my PC with bluetooth?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Gunsblazin247

Re: FAILED -- Nokia X6 bluetooth connection with Ovi suite on PC

Try these 2:

1) Take your code off for bluetooth and make your computer a trusted device from your phone

2) Make sure your phone is not on hidden mode from your bluetooth menu on your X6

Please use plain text.
Advisor
gm_w

those doesn't really help. I have already tried add/delete my laptop as trusted device on my phone -- the phone's side is OK.

The problem is ovi suite's side. It simply won't get pass the recognizing part. And of course, my X6 is not hidden.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

it's a pc problem

it happened to me ,,, i deleted the device from trusted devices and re-installed the blotooth software of my laptop then tried and it worked

-you can show appreciation to my posts if it helped or useful by pressing the green Kudo star beside my post that hepled :smileyhappy:
-if my answer was the solution , so click accept as solution button
Started From Nokia 3310 , Now with Nokia N97 v.22.0.110 + N900 PR1.2
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

You could try re-installing both the bluetooth stack for your bluetooth dongle and Ovi suite. Bluetooth  works fine on my laptop, running W7, but I rarely use it, find it slow and prefer usb !

Good Luck

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
polash888

have you checked the msconfig? check the service tab and make sure the servicelayer by nokia inc. is ticked.

Please use plain text.