Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Having memory full problem when install mail s...

Having memory full problem when install mail service from my office to N97 mini

Just bought it couple day ago, even though I have c: memory left about 230mb, it still says i have memory full, and I cann't open my contact list at all....quite upset, pls help
Please use plain text.
Professor
rasmus

Re: Having memory full problem when install mail service from my office to N97 mini

Don't confuse the Memory with the C: drive.

Memory refers to RAM, C: drive is Storage.

Just reboot your phone, these things happen from time to time.  That should get rid of the warning errors.  This was common on the N97 up until recently - seems to have improved with the last firmware update.

Hope that helps. 

I love my purple screen, 1/2 day battery, sketchy touch screen and $800 price tag - I call it my Lumia 900
Please use plain text.

Re: Having memory full problem when install mail service from my office to N97 mini

Many thnks for your suggestion, actually I did it many times but cann't help.  Someone told me that it due to memory problem since this operating system consume more memory than it does in other model.  Should I try hard reset ? 
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
z_a_c_h

i would suggest you GO for it...makesure you do a backup 1st
ZACH
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I'm going to suggest to nokia they include a hard reset button on the front of their future smart phone devices. It will save a lot of headache, any problems simply press the HR button and start again - job done!
Please use plain text.
Professor
rasmus

1 . Yes Yes, Flash your phone, then: 

2. Before you load your mail on to your phone - change the message store location to 'mass storage' or you are going to hit the same issue again.

I love my purple screen, 1/2 day battery, sketchy touch screen and $800 price tag - I call it my Lumia 900
Please use plain text.

Actually I did that unfortunately the pushmail program doesn't allow me to install it in mass memory.  Any other way to cope with this.

By the way, how to hard reset, I can't find the icon?

Please use plain text.