Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Hiss disturbance during call

Counsellor
abakliwal

Hiss disturbance during call

Hi...

I have just come up with a problem on my N95. Just from 2 days, whenever I am making a call or receiving and during the call, I hear a hiss disturbance in the background. The disturbance though is not heard on the other end. It is just on my side. And, also that disturbance does not occur on other mobiles on the same network. Also on other SIM cards same problem was observed. Rest all functionality is working fine. Also, when I use fring to make a VoIP call, I can hear the other person clearly. There is no hiss sound in this case. Isn't the hardware used the same for the voice output or is there some modulation differences?

In short, is this a hardware issue? 

I am currently on V21 and am not that keen on updating to the latest version but if this has anything to do with it I do not mind updating the firmware. But I just want to be sure what the problem is? 

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

on reading in forums here the hissing noise was something to do with the backlight and lcd and it stops when backlight goes out, its power going through the phone to lcd.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
abakliwal

Hey thanks for the reply... But the sound also comes when am on the phone for more than 15 minutes that is the back light is already off.

I do not understand that why on Fring there is no such disturbance and during call there is quite a bit.. Can it be moisture related issue?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

i doubt it you could try sending to nokia care centre and see what they can do,there was an issue with this buzzing noise before so there could be a solution now ,ive not seen one yet though ,this depends on how old phone is and ,firmware you have installed.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.