Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How clear Nokia 5800 Phone memory

chiranjeevi11
Accepted Solution

How clear Nokia 5800 Phone memory

Nokia 5800

74MB memory in use.

12MB free

411B Calender

89KB Contacts

941KB Messages

31KB Documents

17MB SIS Application

56 MB other files

I am not able know how to increase memory in phone. what are other files pls. HELP

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Re: How clear Nokia 5800 Phone memory

Hi, What you could do is soft reset it as this will wipe your phonememory - in a safe way without you having to spend time messing around with a filexplorer deleting things you should not delete.

1. Back up your contacts messages etc and whatever you want to keep from your phone memory.

2. perform a soft/hard reset.

3. rebuild your phone - and change messagememory to the memory card.

after a soft/hard reset, you should get about 70 megs free if I remember correctly, and after installin contacts, and putting messages to the memorycard, and reinstall apps on the memorycard - Even with the maps update - you should have a lot more than 12 megs free.
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

You should also clear your browsers privacy data once in a while.
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
chiranjeevi11

how to perfom a soft/hard reset

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

soft reset is done by typing *#7370 on your dialler. Hard reset is done by holding the green, red and camera keys while powering up. Do not let go until you see a country selection screen.

Please note that these procedures delete all data, so you should have a backup of your contacts, messages and calendar handy.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
v4rocks

Thypically, this didnt worked for me.

Is there a way like in our Firefox or IE to delete all temp files stored on Phone. Other than deleting from Phone Web Browser?

Thanks in advance..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

Google  G-force  .

jje

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mollymalone

Go into the phone's browser, selection Options (bottom left) then select 'clear privacy data'. Then select 'All'. If you have a lot of temp files it may take a little while to clear them. Phone memory should then increase...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
powerpunith

Please provide the information abt hw to clear other files in the phone memory

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
enquiry

after soft reset will my phine downgrade to oder version of firmware

Please use plain text.
StanleyK

Are other files required ??? Can anyone guide how to remove these files to free space from C:

Please use plain text.
ItzzyBitzzy

I buyed the phone from Spain and it was locked in Movistar . I unlocked him(the sim i unloked the network) and now it's working but i have only 4mb memory free . If i do this will be locked again ?

Please use plain text.