Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: How do I remove "Updates Available"?

Contributor
ryxxx
Accepted Solution

How do I remove "Updates Available"?

N8 with Belle tells me updates are available, specifically "Lotus Notes Traveller" and "Social". However I don't want either of them.

How do I remove the notification?

Many thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

ryxxx wrote:

N8 with Belle tells me updates are available, specifically "Lotus Notes Traveller" and "Social". However I don't want either of them.

If you don't want to install what is offered, you can go to SW updates > tap on three horizontal line icon at bottom right of screen > Settings > Auto-check for updates = Off

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ryxxx

Thank you but it still says updates are available, even after restarting.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

ryxxx wrote:
Thank you but it still says updates are available, even after restarting.

Is Mobile Data On or Off as certainly don't get this with the latter?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

If it is still there then just update them. The update doesn't cause much change to your phone.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ryxxx

That worked. Temporarily turning off mobile data and restarting removed the notification.

Many thanks !
Please use plain text.