Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: How long on average does Nokia's warranty repa...

Contributor
joey1992

How long on average does Nokia's warranty repair take?

My phone got taken for repair last Friday by UPS, and my case id hasn't had an update since, I was just wondering how long I am going to be waiting *on average* to get my phone back.

My phone is an N97 Mini, if that helps.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

Re: How long on average does Nokia's warranty repair take?

for repair it takes from 5 - 12 days

and if it lasts more than 14 days, Nokia will send you another new N97 mini handset, with new serial and new warranty

-you can show appreciation to my posts if it helped or useful by pressing the green Kudo star beside my post that hepled :smileyhappy:
-if my answer was the solution , so click accept as solution button
Started From Nokia 3310 , Now with Nokia N97 v.22.0.110 + N900 PR1.2
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

zoro06 wrote:

for repair it takes from 5 - 12 days

and if it lasts more than 14 days, Nokia will send you another new N97 mini handset, with new serial and new warranty

That is not correct.

The only time a new phone is provided by nokia is when the original cannot be repaired, and is still covered by warranty.  A new phone is never provided just because it's taken over 14 days!

Repair times differ all over the world with some countries being far more efficient than others so it's impossible to say exactly how long it will take.  The average in one country may be less than two weeks whilst in another it may be over a month.

The above info applies if you have sent it back to nokia or a nokia care point. If you have sent the phone back to a retailer or your network (if purchased from them) then you will need to contact them about their policy.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I started a thread today about my mini exchange. Normally this would be much faster than a repair but I sent my phone out four weeks ago and still have not been contacted by the warehouse it went to. This is Nokia's distributor, where Nokia's fedex label took my phone.

The fedex ground shipping took 7 days. If they returned my phone tomorrow it would be just over five weeks I've been without a phone. This exchange was insisted on by Nokia's tech rep. I had just called to find out what was wrong with the OVI suite and when I mentioned something the phone did he said it was defective and I needed to get a new one while I was still able to exchange it.

I had no idea it would take up to six weeks to exchange an initial defect.  I'm in the US, west coast.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
KeLa

When my N97 was in repairs and the place of the repair center where it was is less than 2 kilometers from Nokia factory where that phone was made it still took 2 weeks to get fixed.

Reasons for that was that there was 3 day lineup in repairs and rest of the time they have to

wait spare parts.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

@psychomania:

info provided by me was from NOKIA WARRANTY CONTRACT in MEA .. I read it and it happened to me personally when i used 5700 XM

-you can show appreciation to my posts if it helped or useful by pressing the green Kudo star beside my post that hepled :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

zoro06 wrote:

@psychomania:

info provided by me was from NOKIA WARRANTY CONTRACT in MEA .. I read it and it happened to me personally when i used 5700 XM

Can you provide an official nokia link to that information?  It certainly doesn't normally work like that.

Sometimes phones do get replaced instead of repaired (happened to me with an E65) but it's certainly not standard procedure to replace phones just because they've been away for longer than 14 days!

Please try not to mislead people in future.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

i'm not misleading them

if anybody lives in middle east, so please read NOKIA I2 warranty contract

i'll scan it and upload it then i'll send u a link soon to make sure that they are doing this here in Middle EAst I2 provider

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

No need to scan it, the middle east & Africa warranty terms are listed here:

http://www.nokia.ae/support-en/repair-and-recycle/repair/warranty

As you can see it does not state that you are entitled to a replacement if the repair takes longer than 14 days.  

If you look at the warranties for other regions you will see that nokia does not replace phones just because they've been away for over 14 days, that is why you are misleading people in your initial post.

Hope this clears up your confusion so that you don't mislead people in future.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

check this please ... let anyone translates it for you if you don't want me to translate it - for misleading issue -

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

That is not official nokia paperwork. To me that looks like a service provider/retailer/network agreement so the terms are theirs not nokia's.

Therefore you are misleading people by saying that nokia will replace a phone after 14 days.

In future please think very carefully about what you post. This board exists for people to help others, not to mislead them.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

i'm helping people and i'm thinking carefully about what i'm posting

you can check my posts to know that i'm really doing that

alot of solutions, alot kudos ... i think i didn't gain that from misleading people

so, i said that i'm talking about MEA and i posted attachements

and in our region , that's the Authorised Nokia reseller

i'm NOT MISLEADING when taking about terms of my region

thanx for clearing that this terms don't apply for other regions :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

But the fact remains that you have mislead people on this thread for the following reasons:

1. You stated something that clearly is not nokia's policy because nowhere does it mention it on the official warranty terms for your or any region.

2. You stated a policy that probably only applies to your network. There's 1000's of networks world wide each with their own policy.

3. This is a worldwide forum and you didn't know where the topic creator was based so was wrong to state something that you think applies to your country/network.

4. You posted something that clearly isn't from nokia to back up your misleading claims.

So again I ask you to think carefully in future before attempting to help people.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

[ Edited ]

I agree. The document provided was not a Nokia document. The policy referred to is therefore NOT Nokia's but that of this "I2" organisation.

Psychomania's statement that a more-than-14-day repair duration does not entitle you to an exchange under Nokia policy remains true.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sockatume

It's certainly not a "NOKIA WARRANTY CONTRACT in MEA". It's not a "Nokia" anything, and that was quite clear.
Help I'm trapped in a sig factory.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Yup, its not Nokia, no logo.

Anyway back to topic - repairs could last up to months, depending on the availability of the said parts required for the repair. Here in my country, if your phone needs to go in for repair, you can have the parts ordered first before you give your phone to Nokia for repair. They will call you once the parts are in so you can go to the shop, spend a couple of hours in the mall and go home with your repaired phone.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hrishi21007

Actually I got My PHONE replaced...i don't Know the exact Reason but,it was definately more than 12 days,
i use Nokia 5233XM and live in INDIA....

BY THE WAY...How much long will be my new Handset warranty?i mean will it continue or i'll get another One Year for New IMEI no.???
Thanks in Advance!
Please use plain text.