Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: How to customize S60v3 FP2 (N85) home screen? ...

Advisor
Accepted Solution

How to customize S60v3 FP2 (N85) home screen? Anyone knows?

Hi,
Is it possible to customize the mobile home screen without any apps?
I used to see my mails in the desktop, but now I can't, after a firmware update. Also, I want to remove "Ovi Share" from the desktop menu, as I don't use this service.

Even if it is not possible to customize everything, is there anything that we can alter?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
corpsegrinder

Re: How to customize S60v3 FP2 (N85) home screen? Anyone knows?

Hi arly. im also an N85 user,well when u mean homescreen do u mean that mainscreen bars on the bottom for wlan,email,ect? if so i may have a small solution,try this.

menu>tools>settings>personalization>standby,you can either choose horizontal or vertical icon bar to show it,and Basic to hide it away.

if your talking about customizing the startup,

settings>personalization>display>welcome note/logo

as for customizing those bars on the bottom with your own things i can't tell you how.

try searching out there for a third party program to do so,your best bet is probably 1 of the following sites:

dotsis.com,ipmart-forum.com

mobilecastle.biz

(note all requires free registration as they are forums)

and mobile9.com

I hope this helped and hope your problem gets sorted.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thanks.

I totally forgot you could change the bar icons in menu>tools>settings>personalization>standby. And now I've noticed mail can be actvated there as well.

Thanks, corpsegrinder.

As for the bars, I'd also like to change them... Anynone knows how to remove Ovi Share?

Please use plain text.
corpsegrinder

as ive explained. u got those options there,just click on basic(in the options i gave u) and it should completely remove everything from your home screen,except for your apps bar,which u can easily customize which app u want in watever order u feel,u can do this by going to settings>personalization>standby mode>shortcuts,and to remove that bar u go settings>personalization>themes>standby and choose basic,hope u get it right:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
corpsegrinder

EDIT: didnt see that post. uhm no i dont think you can change the bars,only the shortcut bar,the bottom bar is more for phone generated things,like email and wlan and so on,that cant be changed mate,im a pretty experienced symbian user and i havent come up with an answer for that lol,ill search for 3rd party softwares for u and if i come up with something ill post here:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
corpsegrinder

by the way,do me a favour please,test if u getting this aswell if ur using latest firmware.

/t5/Nseries-Devices-and-S60/Calling-all-N85-users-urgent-firmware-31-002-bug-thats-bug-ging/td-p/629...

im currently having that prob and i need some feedback from users.

thanx:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I wanted to customize the home screen bars without a 3rd party app... But it's not tat important anyway.

There is an app that can do this (but it actually replaces the homescreen by annother customizable screen): vHome Desktop.

If you google it., you'll find more info/download links (it's freeware).

Please use plain text.