Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: How to do hard reset on Nokia 5800 at start-up...

Accepted Solution

How to do hard reset on Nokia 5800 at start-up?

How to do hard reset on Nokia 5800 at start-up manually using hardware buttons?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

Re: How to do hard reset on Nokia 5800 at start-up?

you can put *#7370* - hard reset

or you can restore using the following buttons * key, a number key 3, green/call key : hold all of them down at the same time and power on your device do not let go off the buttons until you see the nokia screen or handshake screen only then you can let go and the phone will restore the original state, you will lose all your data on the phone tho
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

The old *#7370# code is a soft reset.

The usual key combination for a hard reset, '3', '*' and 'call' pressed while powering up, is not possible since there is no '3' or '*' key on the 5800XM (touchscreen phone).

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

@grschinon : you are totally right mate, my bad ...touchscreen kind of eliminates keys
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I just got my Nokia 5800 today. Too bad after installed an incompatible software, the icons get weird and then i tried restart the phone but failed to boot up after that... Anyone knows how to hard reset the phone? From what I googled, it seems no way... too bad, have to send back factory for warranty...
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
same problem. Today I installed theme (compatible one, theme for this model!) Then phone freezed. Now I cant boot it. Removing flash card and battery tricks dosn't work...

Seems impossible that Nokia made this device without bootless reset option... It has to be!

Any ideas???

Message Edited by oksanen on 26-Dec-2008 04:41 PM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

*#7370# should still reformat the 5800 in the same way it reformats any S60 2nd edition or later phone.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

grschinon,

Refer to your post above:
quote:
The old *#7370# code is a soft reset.

The usual key combination for a hard reset, '3', '*' and 'call' pressed while powering up, is not possible since there is no '3' or '*' key on the 5800XM (touchscreen phone).

-----------
If you have any idea on hard reset Nokia 5800, do let me know. Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Good point. The "cannot start" bit sort of got filtered out of my brain before I sent that reply. If the phone can't start then a soft reset isn't an option.

Please use plain text.

Greetings to all the contributors in this forum.

I am looking for a solution ... having the same problem as on of my precessors.

I installed a compatible theme, switched to it... switched back to the standard-theme... my phone didn't react anymore (i got back to the standby-screen with a part of the screen not using the right theme anymore... )

i switched it off, back on... nothing.

it starts to the "nokia" screen. no PIN Code-request is coming up, no shaking hands... it just switches off.

I am very concerned about the fact that my phone isn't reacting to anything. battery removed, flashcard removed, simcard removed... battery back in, the same problem remains.

the 5800xm has no keypad, just ON/OFF ... CAMERA ... GREEN ... MENU ... RED ... VOLUME UP & DOWN

thank you for reading, thinking and writing the solution to the problem.

regards

cody

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

At this stage the only official solution is a nokia care point. I actually asked at a care point yesterday if there's a key sequence to reset a 5800xm.  They told me that if there is no one has told them!

Other non-official forums have found a method of recovering a 5800xm from this state. Unfortunately it cannot be posted here as it's against the rules of this forum (as it uses software that people shouldn't legally have).  Please do not ask me for help with this as the answer will be no.

Please use plain text.

Thank you for the statement (and so fast, i couldn't believe it)

As i understand an respect the rules of this excellent forum i won't bug you with this.

As i have to recover in a short time, i will carry the phone to the care-point in my city today.

But i am wondering about the fact, that this looks like a software bug to me. shouldn't this be communicated to the nokia software helpdesk ?

As i am anot a selfish person, i would like to feel that i have helped to discover and fix a problem ... which might hit more people...

thanks again, i would appreciate any news concerning this problem... even if i will fix it with help of the people from the nokia care-point.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

I believe that nokia is already aware of this problem and is working to solve it in the next firmware update.

You are welcome to contact nokia using the "contact us" link near the top of the page to make them aware of your case.

Once you have had your phone repaired as a precaution you should install themes to the memory card.  That way if the phone doesn't boot you can just remove the card which removes the offending theme.

Please use plain text.
Sage

Press and hold GREEN + RED + CAMERA when powering up.

Keep the keys pressed until you get the shaking hands. That should fully reset the device, with a lock code of 12345.

This is only available on phones with 20.0.012 or later.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Nice find!

It's shocking that they didn't put this code in from day one!

Please use plain text.

i have an issue about my 5800 unit, why is it that i have a "choppy" line when being called by another party? same with me that the line from the other party has "choppy" signal. is it because of defective earpiece or weak antenna of the unit? thank you..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

You probably has a defective earpiece which is quite a common problem.

If the sound changes whilst tapping the top of the phone then you definitely have the problem.

Return it to the retailer for a replacement or contact a nokia care point.

Care points/service centres and repair info:

UKEuropeAsia-PacificUSA
CanadaMiddle East and Africa

Elsewhere: Click here, select your country, go to the support section, then select repair.

Please use plain text.

tnx a lot for the advise.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hi! I´m triying to use these code, but it don´t work. What can I do to reset mi Phone? I install a theme wich destroy mi phone. I need help
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

All you can do is take it to a nokia care point or use google to find an alternative solution that cannot be posted on this forum

Care points/service centres and repair info:

UKEuropeAsia-PacificUSA
CanadaMiddle East and Africa

Elsewhere: Click here, select your country, go to the support section, then select repair.

Please use plain text.