Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to format the phone memory ?

Advisor
megashock
Accepted Solution

How to format the phone memory ?

I have some big files that are almost all of my phones memory and i canwt locate them.

Is there a way that i can format the phones memory and restore it to the initial stage, like the one that it was in the box ? 

E-66
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: How to format the phone memory ?

What phone do you have?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
megashock

Sorry.

E-66 

E-66
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

With the E66 you could use the *#7370# reset to reformat the phone memory. You could also use the "3 finger deep reset" which will basically nuke the phone.

Always remember to backup your phone before performing resets as your data may be lost.

Then try the "3 finger deep reset". With the phone powered off, depress and hold these three keys simultaneously "*" "3" "green phone" and then power on phone using the on/off button whilst keeping the three keys depressed until you hear start-up tone.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
megashock

Thank you.

What is the difference between 
Hard reset - *#7370#
Soft reset - *#7380#
And "3 finger deep reset" ?

With one of them will restore my phone to the "box" status ? 
What did you mean by "nuke the phone" ? 
what the 3 finger reset will do that the other reset options will not ?
E-66
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

It is difficult to pin point how each reset is different. All I can say in brief terms is the soft reset, returns all the settings to default values. The *#7370# is the reformat while the deep reset returns the phone to the out of the box state. To complete the transformation, you should also reformat the mass storage or memory card if there is one in the phone.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
megashock

So just to be sure, you are suggesting to do *#7370# that will return the phone to the out of the box state ?
E-66
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

I am suggesting that try the deep reset if you want the phone to be returned to the out of the box state.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
megashock

Do you know if the 7370 reset will keep the internet connection settings of the cell operator that came with the phone ? 
E-66
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

The *#7370# may but I could not tell you for definite. Anyway, those settings are usually on the sim card or you could easily get the network to sms them over to you again. I thought you wanted out of the box. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
megashock

1) After the reset process, will the applications that are in my memory card still work, or that the phone memory stores data that is necessary for the function of the memory card apps ?

2) If i do a backup, will it restore all the settings before the reset, including the cell operator settings ?

E-66
Please use plain text.
Advisor
megashock

Thank's

Working perfectly, restored to the point that I've got phone from the cell company.

E-66
Please use plain text.
Pikun007

Can i remove games installed in my nokia N72 phone memory
Please use plain text.
Sage
classic_sis

@Pikun007

I think it can. Had you tried it? My Nokia (Symbian 3rd edition) can do that.
Niki
Please use plain text.