Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to hard reset Nokia 5800 Xpress Music?

Registered Member
udurawana84

Re: How to hard reset Nokia 5800 Xpress Music?

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with my Nokia 5800. I did the soft reset, but it didn't help me to solve the problem.

Then I try to do the hard reset, but it didn't work. I pressed the Green + Red + Camera + Power simultaneously when phone is switched off, then phone just boot up as normal. I didn't get chance to enter the lock code or select the country.

My firmware version is 51.0.006.  I don't know that didn't work. Please help me.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
clayquilo

Please make backup before applying this type of reset, since it will restore the phone’s settings to factory default as well as erasing all the data in the phone memory.

1st option

Soft Reset (when you CAN still use the phone's touchscreen)

1. You need to use the touchscreen dialer to enter these codes:
  2. *#7780# if you want to restore factory settings only and it will NOT delete data.
  3.  *#7370# if you want to reformat your phone and delete all the data in it.
  4.  Press Select.
  5.  Voila, your phone is back to normal.
  6.  Congratulations.

Last option

Hard Reset (if you CANNOT use anymore the phone's touchscreen)

1. You need to use the phone's buttons and your 4 fingers to do this trick. :smileywink:
  2. Switch off the phone. (Remove the battery if you cannot turn it off)
  3. Press the buttons: GREEN + RED + CAMERA + ON simultaneously (DO NOT LET GO OF THE BUTTONS) until you see the “Select Country” option after the Nokia's Handshake Welcome Logo appear.:smileysurprised:
  4. Choose your country, enter the date and time.
  5. Voila, your phone is back to normal.
  6. Congratulations.
Note:
If you were asked for a code, just type: 12345 (unless you change it):smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rockerguy82

Hey, would the default apps from XM 5800 be restored automatically upon hard reset? Now lemme xplain what's going on with my phone. I get an error when I try deleting a msg while in the reading mode. I have to go back to the Inbox to delete any particular msg. I cannot got to the previous or the next msg with the help of the arrows on both the top corners while in the reading mode (Error again, have to go back to the inbox to read the previous or the next msg.) I cannot select my memory card to store msgs. My phone freezes forever if I do so. Ultimately, I have to remove the battery from the back to get it back to the normal mode. I can only store msgs on the phone memory. The phone freezes up while opening up a new msg and I believe this makes my phone lose the frozen up time on the clock, ultimately delaying the clock (maybe 25-30 on each instance) which adds up in losing about 3-5 mins every week. Have given the phone into the service centers infonite times with these problems but to no resolution. :smileymad:

I really don't feel like selling it off for these reasons. I'd really appreciate if someone could help me with this.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ajaysccb

my nokia 5800 not update its stop 52.5 mb please help me

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sohel_r03

Hi ALL,

Phone is reset but setting no change pls help.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sohel_r03

all update but still not change the phone setting
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

sohel_r03 wrote:
all update but still not change the phone setting

This sentence is meaningless, which is why no one is able to provide assistance.

Please explain in more detail what is the problem yuo are having with your phone.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Avenger_Osiris

[ Edited ]

After a few updates my phone less hangs

but currently my phone delay a lot

I heard no more software update for this model?

Is this true?

Sometimes I dont know why

for some reasons my phone would say Don't removes the memory card without bla2~

I wonder why

cause I didnt even touch it, just that I saw the light on saying so...

What Is the problem?

Often when I unlocked my phone, the screen got lines with colours before this it was blank...

sometimes when ppl call also appear like this so I cannot see who's calling me....

Then, I hv to re-locked and re-unlocked then it will be ok

Will soft or hard reset helps solves these problems?

thx in advance

by the way my software version is 52.0.007

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Are these codes can only be used / entered while the SIM is inserted?

The reason I ask is because after I enter the codes provided, it displays that 'Unable to use network phone currently in offline mode.

You wrote "Press Select", since there isn't such a thing, did you mean to press the green button, or the the icon showing a handset?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
reyazh

i can't start my nokia 5800 muzic xpress without taken backup phone software update,while reinstalling the software update i was remove the data cable then it was fully blank,

Can anyone please suggest me how to hard reset Nokia 5800Xpress Music. I have tried to hard resent by following the common formula Simultenously pressing and holding the Green+Red+Camera+Power Button but it did not work,it's full blank, Can anyone suggest me what can I do to hard reset my phone?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

That's the only way to hard reset the 5800. Make sure you give it a few attempts. Depress those 3 first buttons before hitting the powerbutton. Hold those 3 buttons in untill youre past the Nokia handshake logo screen. Hopefully it works.

If not you will have to visit a Nokia care point for help.
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
miamore

Re: How to hard reset Nokia 5800 Express Music?

I am so desperate on my bone's "memory full".. :smileysad: 

I do tried the number combinations but I kinda forget my password in my fone security and I have entered the wrong security/password TWICE ALREADY!!! I know that on the 3rd trice, it would be blocked and so I did not continue...

The red-green-cam-on/off buttons combination, I don't get it!!!! :smileysad:(((( PLEASE DO HELP ME OUT HERE WHAT ELSE OR HOW ELSE DO I NEED TO DO IT... :smileysad:

or even, how can I reset/delete/changed my bone's lock code/password?

I AM WAITING AND HOPING FOR YOUR KIND CONSIDERATION WITH THIS REGARDS!

THANK YOU! :smileyhappy: AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: How to hard reset Nokia 5800 Express Music?

miamore wrote:

The red-green-cam-on/off buttons combination, I don't get it

or even, how can I reset/delete/changed my bone's lock code/password?

It would have to be very early firmware version for Red, Green and Camera keep depressed whilst powering on until Nokia "Shaking hands" logo appears not to work.

Any Nokia Care Point can reset lock code to default 12345, although proof of purchase may be required.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fsalamic

hi i have a nokioa 5800 xm i it work perfectly thank you very much!

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Eldad

Hi, My Nokia 5800's touch screen is dead and doesn't respond to any touch what so ever. All other 4 buttons (red, green, camera, power) seem to be OK. I tried the 4 buttons hard reset. I got the "Choose country" option, but since my touch screen is dead, I can't go on from there... Somehow I get the feeling that it is a software problem, rather than hardware (I think the touch screen is physically OK). Any suggestions? Is there any software that can be installed that automatically starts the calibration process after that hard reset? Thanks, Eldad :smileyhappy:
Don't follow me- I'm lost too...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

No. There isn't any software that can be used by the USER. You will have to take the phone to your local Nokia Care.

BTW, If the USB connection is set to Nokia Suite as default ( i.e. Ask on connection -->NO) then you will be able to connect the phone to PC and re-install the existing Firmware and confirm whether it is really not due to the software...

Please use plain text.
gsharathkumar

Thank you, it worked.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SRM44

Hi. I had some of these problems before , So now : install NOKIA SUITE v.3.4.49 ( Latest on July-07-2012 ). Connect your 5800 to the pc and let it find your mobile and make a back up of what you think is ipmortant for you ( Contacts mostly , You have many choices to make There ). Then check for the latest Software updates, and if you have the last one ( as you updated it before ) , You can now Reinstall it from within the Nokia Suite to Solve your problems. if after REinstalling the Phone Software ( 60.0.003 is the latest to me ) , and the Problem is not solved yet , you can Hard Reset it now to have a Second Chance for solution. I hope you succeed. Be careful to not lose the connection or power failure during this updates , and be patient . You can do the software update via Wifi , but if you have the latest version , you cant go any further from there. SO do it from inside the Nokia Suite for your last 2 Chances. Mine has Always been solved . having this handset for more than 3 years now. Just dont worry & Relax & there is always a solution to all the bugs for this Phone , Strong & Stable for long time , Having almost all kinds of abilities that new phones have today. Mostly the variety of Connctions you can have in every place is an advantage you have with this Good Prices phone. ( 5800 Xpress Music ) Good Luck.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rahmanbuneri

thanks for hard formating 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Maywater

How do I reset my phone back to its original factory settings on Nokia 5800?

How do I reset my phone back to its original factory settings on Nokia 5800?

Please use plain text.