Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

I want my N8 back to the way when I first bought i...

ciors

I want my N8 back to the way when I first bought it!

I found after anna that I had a lot more glitches and for the first time had to turn it off because it froze.  I also found the colours difficult to read (yellowish brown on dark grey?!) Now I have Belle and all the intuitiveness has disappeared into individual widgets - eg tapping the clock gave me my alarms, the date brought up the calendar etc. Now I don't even have the date on my homescreen!  But when the nokia msgs pop up eg snooze or silence I can't even read it!  For the first time, I'm really unhappy with Nokia

Please use plain text.
brisbane

Re: I want my N8 back to the way when I first bought it!

Likewise, not happy Nokia,   I want my N8 back to having a working calendar like when i bought it.

My calendar has stopped working.  Unlike the other other dud calendar post, for me no update was necessary for it to get broke. 

I'm still on PR1.2 (after reports of memory leaks and worse battery life with updates, happy to have it working as I bought it)... Nokia phone service no help, they suggested factory reset, which did nothing good, but did destroy my home screens settings and arrangements (BTW, for next time, is there a way that can be backed up, a user settings file to save?)...
C'mon nokia, get onto it pls....Calendar just deciding to stop working is v .serious, meetings and appointments( eg medical ones) get missed

Please use plain text.