Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Installation fails for some apps from OVI

Contributor
shorts
Accepted Solution

Installation fails for some apps from OVI

For some weeks now im getting "installation fails" message when trying to install some of the software from OVI or from downloaded files.

For example, Nokia Sleeping Screen. It downloads and the Ovi bar says "installing" then a smaller window appear in the lower section of the screen saying "preparing installation" then "Installing" then after a few seconds "installation Failed.

Some apps for example Spotify installs perfectly, but here the bottom window don't appear at all.

What's the difference?

I have made a full reset, problem remains. I did a 3 finger reset, problem remains. Support never heard if this problem.

Anyone got some experience in my problem here?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
krisq

Re: Installation fails for some apps from OVI

Uninstall Smart installer and try again. Maybe it'll help.
Please use plain text.
Professor
JudaZ

I would suggest you try and update to the latest Ovi Store, now called Nokia Store.

With your phone's browser go to the following address:
http://lr.ovi.mobi/store/new-symbian-3

you should then get the option to install the latest Nokia Store client, and this should include new QT files. Corrupt QT files are usually the problem when installations from the Nokia/Ovi Store fails.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
shorts

uninstalling "smart installer" didn´t make any difference.

BUT this did the trick: http://lr.ovi.mobi/store/new-symbian-3

Thank you JudaZ (hm that felt weird)

Please use plain text.