Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Iphone 4 user changing to Nokia N8 , can it wo...

Mobile Visionary
no1_slumko

Re: Iphone 4 user changing to Nokia N8 , can it work

My point exactly we have to be objective about this. No device is perfect.
Show your appreciation. Hit that kudos button real hard
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Mojitto wrote:

Ray, this is for you! As soon as I got to a desktop PC I sent you the shot. Regrettably I let my SGS1 to discharge to zero, or otherwise I would have been able to give you its wonderful running time. Take that!

This ones for you then. It's amazing what can be done with MS paint.

doctored image 

Cheers.

Ray 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Mojitto wrote:
About the best camera again: www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-n8-camera-en.shtml

I'm beginning to understand something now. Eldar Murtazin has a personal vendetta against Nokia and has been identified as a consultant to Samsung (which he denies).

Mojitto (also Russian) has a personal vendetta against Nokia and takes every opportunity to promote Samsung mobiles where ever he can.

Mojitto = Eldar? Maybe.

http://tabulacrypticum.wordpress.com/2010/07/10/the-public-trial-of-eldar-murtazin/

All the best.

Ray 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

For the record, Mojito's pic looks legit. But like yours ray, we cant say if its HIS sgs2 or not. If you really dont believe him, just ask him to post a video on you tube of him writing Mojito hates ray on his SGS2 with a note app like Handrite or something. LOL.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Mojitto

You asked me, I gave you what you had asked. Do you want me to send my phone to you?? Your constant lies about N8 don't even require 'paint' or anything! They are just b...t.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Mojitto

I give a f... what he believes in or not. The case is that he denies obvious things that the market had recognized broadly, all over the globe. This is stupid. I am not against Rayhipkiss, millions of users are.

Yes, there is some personal attitude behind this. If Nokia had not arrogantly banned me once from this forum for NOTHING, probably I would have behaved softer. They had insulted me as a faithful customer with their dreaded N97 and tried to bar me from expressing my emotions in this respect later. This won't do!

I am not Eldar. If I had been him I would have been punching Nokia much harder.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Mojitto wrote:
You asked me, I gave you what you had asked. Do you want me to send my phone to you?? Your constant lies about N8 don't even require 'paint' or anything! They are just b...t.

Yes please, send me the SGS 2. :smileyhappy:

As far as I'm concerned, I've never posted anything untrue about the N8 but if you can link to any untrue comment I'm supposed to have made I'd be very grateful.

I'm still waiting for you to explain how you can comment on the N8 without actually ever owning one, and whatever you do do not even think about putting your old N97 into the same category as the N8. They are two completely different things altogether.

@Chanchan. LOL, I would love for him to post that video. It would make my day.

Best regards.

Ray 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
iluvchucks26

Hi Mojitto ,

Just a gentle reminder, we are using a peer-to-peer discussion forum and we have to maintain a friendly atmosphere. Please ensure polite and respectful correspondence with each other to avoid causing arguments and/or offending other users.

Kind regards,

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Mojitto

@Ray, three of my friends have or had. Their verdict is clear and utter. In addition, I read forums. Your main hypocrisy about N8 is alleging that it has good Internet, good screen, runs flawless while reports are unusually numerous telling the opposite. This misleads people, exposing them to the risk of getting a set that even might die during a call, leaving them without photos of their beloved ones and stuff. Check almost any of your posts. You desperately defend mass defects!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Mojitto wrote:
@Ray, three of my friends have or had. Their verdict is clear and utter. In addition, I read forums. Your main hypocrisy about N8 is alleging that it has good Internet, good screen, runs flawless while reports are unusually numerous telling the opposite. This misleads people, exposing them to the risk of getting a set that even might die during a call, leaving them without photos of their beloved ones and stuff. Check almost any of your posts. You desperately defend mass defects!

I have never known Rayhipkiss or Chanchan for that matter give anything other than an honest replies on these forums! Especially when it concerns subjective viewpoints pertaining too which phones are better for certain purposes
When they give comparisons and personal opinions about certain brands or operating systems or even different Nokia phones I for one (and i am sure i am not alone ) listen and respect the view simply because they are not fanbois and try to be as neutral as possible.

This you would have realised had you taken time to read any of the archived posts made by them.

You my friend seem to be a troll nothing more nothing less,just because you are rubbish at trolling does not make your attitude any the less irksome

Please use plain text.
Sage
nokton12

I found this: http://samsunggalaxysforums.com/forum.php?s=5512f3f8ae8c0addc22f0a65f409f8c2  and surprise, they also have their problems. so this could be an endless discussion. But what was the question? ah, about Iphone and N8

Nokia N9 Black
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Mojitto wrote:

I tend not to believe anything that starts with "a friend (3 friends in your case) of mine". Other phrases are "Apparently", "Somebody told me" and "A bloke in the pub". :smileywink:

Anyway, back to business. The vast majority of people who post on this forum already own an N8 or some other Nokia device, so me posting comments isn't exposing anybody to any risks.

All electronic storage devices run the risk of failing, so all sane and sensible people make backups of their photos and videos and certainly don't rely on keeping them safe on a mobile phone.

The only time I've ever said anything good about the web experience on the N8 is when I've recommended Opera mobile/mini. If you have read some of my posts you will know that I've been very critical of the default browser, pre and post Anna.

Honestly though, I still cannot understand what you are doing here when you could be posting comments on an Android forum considering you allege to have two Android phones. That's something else I don't understand either. Why would you want an SGS and an SGS 2 at the same time. Surely you could have swapped the SGS for something different, like an HTC or Sony Ericsson. In fact you could get the new N9. That would be excellent.:smileywink:

Cheers.

Ray 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

nokton12 wrote:

I found this: http://samsunggalaxysforums.com/forum.php?s=5512f3f8ae8c0addc22f0a65f409f8c2  and surprise, they also have their problems. so this could be an endless discussion. But what was the question? ah, about Iphone and N8

Sorry pal, it's my fault. I couldn't resist feeding the Troll. I'll stop now.

Most likely the mods will end up deleting the exchange between Mojitto and me. It's happened more than once before.

Cheers.

Ray 

Please use plain text.
Sage
nokton12

Ray said:          "Honestly though, I still cannot understand what you are doing here when you could be posting comments on an Android forum considering you allege to have two Android phones. That's something else I don't understand either. Why would you want an SGS and an SGS 2 at the same time. Surely you could have swapped the SGS for something different, like an HTC or Sony Ericsson. In fact you could get the new N9. That would be excellent.                                                                                                                                                                                                                              100% agree!                                                                                                                                                          cheers

Nokia N9 Black
Please use plain text.
Professor
cataholic

rayhipkiss wrote:

Sorry pal, it's my fault. I couldn't resist feeding the Troll. I'll stop now.

Most likely the mods will end up deleting the exchange between Mojitto and me. It's happened more than once before.

Mojitto's post have always had the strong flavour of being those of a troll. Now he has reverted to calling other posters liars it is now obvious that he is both a troll and the unsavoury type of person most have no desire to have anything to do with.

Because the tone of his posts in these exchanges act as a warning to others not to engage with him I hope the moderators do not delete them.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Mojitto

Oh, feeling so irritated by the truth, you fanboys! :-) What would you say in a year, I wonder? Suggesting me to buy a 'very limited edition' N9? No ecosystem, OS discontinued by both Nokia and Intel, the latter was honest enough to say Meego was an error... You kidding? My response is "never"! I stood with both SGS because the both fit me perfectly while I used to have two phones, different providers. My SGS1 is only about one year old, the two sets run the same account at Google, so why I should go for a different one?
Now about problems of a really advanced operating system as compared to Symbian. Yes, I suppose you may have problems under Droid. But this is a situation quite different to Symbian. Unless you have hw problems, you can easily tweak Droid to put things straight yourself: you have plenty of fw and add-ons at your disposal, from official to custom ones. In the case of Symbian you have to wait untill some patch is out that takes many months as a rule. You cannot access system areas under Symbian, so given its usually weak hw you have to reboot, hard reset your phone and so on. Under droid you can, so, besides much stronger hw, you don't have to reboot losing your data and apps because you csn handle almoat any issue. This is what is called open platform.
What for instance the Droid rooting is for? In addition to advanced tweaks, you may backup and restore all of your settings and apps after returning to the factory state, e.g. because of going for a custom fw! Would be very good for Nokia, eh? I hope MS OS would catch up with this. Thus, I am totally on mr.Elop's side and absolutely against those die hard fans!
Please use plain text.
Sage
angler

Calm down Mojitto.

I prefer N8 hardware, but the OS seems not well developed.  Despite software developers are leaving Symbian, Nokia own application still has fault making N8 not working decently as feature phone.  I have times in my office launching Ovi Store but N8 screen frozen resulting another soft reset to make it function again.  The same area with Desire HD and iphone4 there is no problem browsing internet.  There is something wrong with the radio switching between 2G and 3G for my carrier.  I have seen some other posts suggesting fix the radio setting at 2G or stop the 2 setting options in "Search" application.  My experience of N8 will influence my future purchasing of another Nokia phone.  Just hope the coming Belle upgrade may solve this issue and I may come back the confidence of Nokia phone just like my past 10+ years.

angler
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

@Mojito - actually the main question is, what are you doing in a Nokia Forum if you hate them so much? That very fact is what makes other people label you a Troll. Leave Nokia forums, go hang out at XDA, or Phandroid or wherever. Then you wont find people who get mad at you for praising Android. It would have been fine if you were trying to pose a neutral position and trying to help. People will go Droid if they feel they dont trust Nokia anymore. If they wish to keep to Nokia, there's very little to do about it. You trying to convince die hard Nokia fans would be the same as them trying to convince you: pointless. Save your energy for something more productive and/or helpful.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

time to close this thread i reckon

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gs2011

I have used an iphone earlier

though I find n8 much useful

the only problem I am having is the reduced batery life post anna update

here I have got unlimited music subscription which is so cool

a few month ago I went to a trip with friends for 4 days I usedy n8 for music .maps and some amazing pictures
no other device could have served me better
Please use plain text.