Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Is Fring not working for anybody else?

Advisor
Lownoise

Is Fring not working for anybody else?

After the Belle update, Fring will not work.

Below is a response from Fring.

Hello,
Thank you for contacting our support team.

Please note that as for now, fring is only supported on the ^3 Symbian version.
Since we are aware of the compatibility issues that appeared upon installing the new Symbian Anna/Belle updates, we will do our best to provide a proper solution in the coming weeks.

Please stay tuned by visiting our blog from time to time:

Fring did work on Anna when I had it, didn't notice any issues. So can anyone tell if their's is working or not?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
miladkos2

It is a known issue, once you exit the application it is “game over”. But there is a workaround; someone found a solution… google for: belle fring problem fix… I’m not sure if I can post it here, but it worked for me.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
miladkos2

I have sent you a PM

Please use plain text.
shehroz

i have a same problem pls tell me how can i solve it
Please use plain text.
shehroz

i updated my phone and now fring didnot work, once i exit the Application it is game over.some one found a solution....
Please use plain text.
shehroz

yes i have a same problem today i updated my phone on belle and fring did not work once exit its not appear

and no any comment disply

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
esanker

Solution can be found at the link below:

http://www.dankoi.hu/?bej=47

Please use plain text.
ramunkj

I had the same problem but after formatting the Memory (Once the device is powered on and at the home screen type *#7370# and then your device will restart and reset) I could Install Fring and working without any issues.
Be Carefull, On format all your contacts, photos, etc., will be lost. Take Back up and do this.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
thamseerali

Today morning I tried to format my device using command *#7370# and downloaded fring application again from ovi store.I'm able log on fring n use it, when I exit the application again same problem,I couldn't logon again.

Then I got an opinion from one online discussion site ,there is an opinion that do not exit fring just log out first and then exit.I formatted my device again and I tried same procedure downloading fring app n instead of exit, log out apps n then exit, and now it is working perfectly.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
symbianzone

Hello there, I was also wondering to find out the solution How to Make Fring Work on my Nokia 808 PureView without crashing, just found the solution over here: http://www.808fanclub.com/2012/07/how-to-make-video-calls-over-wifi-2g.html

Thanks for 808 Fan Club!! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.