Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Is Nokia N8 the worst phone ever?

Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

[ Edited ]

If you are referring to the speakers volume, then I don't see what the problem is as it is pretty loud and clear. If you are referring to the lack of equaliser presets and customisable equaliser, then that hasn't gone unnoticed by any one. 

Ray 

buddhatt wrote:

I just purchased a N8. I use my phone for a lot of things and one is music. How could they screw that up? A $30 phone has better sound than this. I have done this three times now and each time kick myself in the **bleep** for buying Nokia. Is this something that can be fixed with an app? Please tell me it is.

Please use plain text.
Sage
RiderX

It has some of the best sounds I ever had. Use good headphones and it is a real pleasure.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

So should I replace my 5800 with a Nokia N8 ?

I find my 5800 does most of what I want: voice 'n' txt  calls of course, but not trivial(!), music player, web browsing, map navigation all in one compact package. However, I find the screen is too small with my aging eyes and the screen is really poor in bright light. Can't see anything on a sunny day outside! I find the music library frustrating in its inability to deal with foreign language accents on letters. I find the limited memory and a tendency to crash when running more than one app if a call comes through, frustrating.  I need a bigger screen, plenty of music and map memory and a good sound through earphones, good battery life. A reasonable browser. Do you think the N8 is for me? If not, what else?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Re: So should I replace my 5800 with a Nokia N8 ?

I think a natural transition from the 5800XM would be the X7, which is billed as an entertainment phone.

Cheers.

Ray.

ozpaul wrote:

I find my 5800 does most of what I want: voice 'n' txt  calls of course, but not trivial(!), music player, web browsing, map navigation all in one compact package. However, I find the screen is too small with my aging eyes and the screen is really poor in bright light. Can't see anything on a sunny day outside! I find the music library frustrating in its inability to deal with foreign language accents on letters. I find the limited memory and a tendency to crash when running more than one app if a call comes through, frustrating.  I need a bigger screen, plenty of music and map memory and a good sound through earphones, good battery life. A reasonable browser. Do you think the N8 is for me? If not, what else?

Please use plain text.
Sage
cecampbell

Nope - it's the best phone ever.  As no device is perfect for every user, it may have it's flaws for certain uses and certain users.  I personally would love a qwerty but I would have to compromise the camera and storage capabilities to switch to an E7; so I'll stick to the N8 for now.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
charliecaden400

It really is the worst phone ever. Apart from the camera it is just awful. Its slow, got a bad layout, no qwerty keyboard in portrait mode, **bleep** apps and now my N8, like many others, won't turn on

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kevs07

i think your phone is made in CHINA! N8 is a versatile fone! i never owned one but i know it is for i had read all the goodness it has inside of it...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Dubble

OP : can we get a pic of your N8 ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
machinehead1966

no, not the N8 but the 5800 xm is definitely the worst phone ever

Please use plain text.
Contributor
stevelaw

Hey, the worst phone ever? That's a bit harsh. It's not the best phone, but easily one of the best and keeps me more interested than boring htc android for example.Ok, some apps are'nt available yet on ovi, but apps alone don't make a phone good, or bad for that matter.The camera is great, the screen is as good as any top phone out there and hdmi to my tv is great too.To sum up, I could have chose any one of the top phones, but after reading the spec sheet on the n8, thought I would try it. It appears thet everyone is being blinkered into choosing iphone or android and nokia is being ignored.After being anti-nokia for years, I am glad I chose not to follow the pack and am very pleased with my choice of N8.(Although sometimes I wish I'd picked the E7 for that cool keypad slide thingy)

Please use plain text.
Sage
brang1

N8 WORST PHONE EVER, ITS UP THERE, but probably not the worst. What is the worst, is how NOKIA TREATS THEIR CUSTOMERS WHEN THEY HAVE A PROBLEM. NOKIA, YES...THEY ARE THE WORST EVER WHEN IT COMES TO SERVICE

total state of confusion
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
coffee_jellly23

MODERATOR'S NOTE:

Constructive criticism of Nokia devices and services is not removed from this forum, which is easy to see simply by browsing the boards. However, please bear in mind that the boards are only for peer-to-peer troubleshooting forum only. If you wish to make your feelings known to Nokia directly, we suggest that you use the 'Contact us' link at the top of the page or contact your local Nokia Care line.

Please use plain text.
regnad_kcin

I am sure that if I had it to do over again I would not have bought the N8.

It was slow and clunky and it hung often.

It died in the rain.

The web browser sucked and the internet connection was very poor.

Nokia Care wanted as much as a new one costs to fix it.

Very sick about the N8. 

Am using an X1 now.  Not sure what my next phone will be but it wont be another N8.

Coffee Jelly shows rain.  the N8 cant stand any rain at all.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ATGT

i have N8 i wish i didn't buy that **bleep** cheap phone , im very disappointed , i just hit the phone to the floor , im getting blackberry or iphone

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jarski

Never, ever N8 can be worst phone. The worst that I had was definitely N97. N97 has great physical design, but software never works well. In year and half never get GPS working good. Navigation was impossible. Touch screen was very slow and phone has to be reboot several times.  I tried to fix problems with warranty-repair several times and it never get better. Then I got N8 and heaven opens :smileyhappy:

N8 has worked for me beautyfully. GPS working all the time. Touch-screen is very responsible. Camera is very good. Using internet and email is quite easy. I can't complaint very much. This is allmost perfect. But, Yes: I maybe want to upgrade to N9. It seems very promising.

Ericsson GF388 > Nokia 3210 > Nokia 6230i > Nokia N95 > Nokia N97 > Nokia N8
Please use plain text.
tca1999

I have had many different phones over the years nokia`s ,Sony Ericson`s and none has as bad a signal as the N8 ( and this is the second  N8 in 2 months both the same signal strength) Partner also has N8 , continually loosing signal. Is there anything that can be done to bust the signal on this phone?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rrmh

My personal opinion is that the Nokia N8 is a terrible phone compared to other smartphones. I don't want to categorize it as the worst, due to other previous models.

I use the camera frequently, it is of nice quality - can't complain. However, the content, functions, **bleep** apps and (annoying) delay when loading apps/sites whatsoever makes me want to throw this phone away as soon as possible. I watched and used other smartphones, their usability and quickness is just uncomparable with that of the nokia n8. After downloading the latests software updates my phone even became crappier as it used to be, it freezes once in a while, or get overheated quickly. This message is not meant to convince you of not buying the Nokia N8, but one thing is for sure- I will never buy a Nokia again. 

Please use plain text.
DickieZ4

Mine is certainly doing it's very best to live up to this tag.

Currently on my 3rd Version of it (bought direct from Nokia UK, before accusations of a Chinese knock off) and even this one has started to turn it itself off at every available opportunity.

Cetainly my last ever Nokia not a patch on previous products.

Please use plain text.
Suggetions

N-8 is the best Mobile till date By Nokia, Photo & Videos are Just Amazing..
My mobile Got wet in Rain accidentally,which i could not avoid, so i had a USB Board Problem n got repaired from Nokia Care in Bangalore-India
But now My Voice is not at all heard by the Callers n Wifi Strength too is reduced, If i Sit in front of the Router only i get Full Signal if i move 5 Steps away Sigal Drops.. Before i used to get Signal till my Balcony but now i dnt get in Hall itself..
Pls Hel
Please use plain text.