Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Java Runtime on Nokia 5800XM

Contributor
NoMiaus
Accepted Solution

Java Runtime on Nokia 5800XM

[ Edited ]

Hello!

I did a hard reset on my 5800XM and now my java apps doesnt work because i lost the Java Runtime. I tried to install some versions (beta) that i found and the problem is more or less solved but that versions had bugs etc, are not stable..

I need help please, how can i get the stable version (no beta version) of the firmware or whatever? :smileyfrustrated:

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

@NoMiaus

What firmware version is your 5800XM running as presumably you tried installing version JRT 2.1 from Nokia Beta Labs?

Did you have enough frr phone memory >20MB to install it?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
NoMiaus

[ Edited ]

Firmware: v60.0.003.

I tried it but i'm having some problems with some old app's like jedirc, so i would like recover the 'old' version :smileysad:

And yes i have 20MB free.

Thank you for your fast answer aspergerguy :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
NoMiaus

[ Edited ]

Reinstalling the apps i get 1 running perfect (without the Java Runtime) but JedIrc is giving this error:

*** Error trying to connect to IRC server, aborting... Exception: SymbianOS error = -34 : General: Error del sistema.

Before to do the Hard Reset all worked perfectly D:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@NoMiaus

Did you try option to re-install existing device software using Nokia Suite at any stage?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
NoMiaus

I didnt know that.. can you explain me how to do it please?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Pfrancoise

Hi NoMiaus,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the Nokia forum.

To reinstall your firmware, I would advise you to connect your phone in PC suite mode and open Nokia suite.  If you have the latest version of firmware already installed on your phone, nokia suite will give you option to reinstall it.

Hope this helps and feel free to post any other questions you may have.

Regards,
Pfrancoise

If this post has helped you to solve this issue, please press the "accept as solution" icon. Kudos would always be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

You may refer the attachment ...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
NoMiaus

Doing this i will lose my apps, settings, photos etc?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

No.. It should not.. but its always advisable to Back-up data before doing it ...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
NoMiaus

Problem solveeeeeeeeed :smileyvery-happy:

After reinstalling the firmware I reinstalled the app too and the problem was solved!

Thank you a lot to everybody!

Please use plain text.