Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Joiku Nokia N8

Counsellor
iseebird

Joiku Nokia N8

Has anyone tried the Joiku App for the Nokia N8, I want mobile Hotspot for my device but I don't know if its any good or reliable.  The trial version isn't available for the N8 so I can't try it out and I don't want to risk the $12-20 I need to spend on the App just to have it be terriable.  Hopefully someone can let me now.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.

Re: Joiku Nokia N8

My previous phone was Nokia 5800, Joiku works beautiful there. As I love this app I tried (trail version for 5800) it on my Nokia N8.

Its works fine, but when i installed it on my N8 it asked me to restart. After restart its hanged N8. restarting the phone again solve the problem. Now its working fine on my Nokia N8.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vlado3g

The Symbian 3 version works great on my N8

Please use plain text.
sona123

Joikuspot works fine as a hotspot, but...

joikuspot pretty much disabled my N8 wlan, it created some sort of fake wlan named joikuspot which the N8 always connected to instead of real wlans, forcing the N8 to use 3G for internet connection at all times, uninstalling joikuspot did not help, I ended up doing a hard reset to make my phone functional again.

I would not recommend joikuspot yet.

Please use plain text.