Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Just got my N8

Counsellor
Accepted Solution

Just got my N8

I have been a satisfied owner of the n85 for the past two years and so thought it was time to upgrade I am very happy i chose the N8 though I have one gripe on my N85 i had a podcast function but their does not seem to be one the N8 does anyone know of a good one I can download cheers

PS if any of you are thinking of buying an N8 all i can say is go for it because it is a great piece of kit I for one am very impressed with it

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Press Menu > Music player > Options > Podcasts.

Ray

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Was the first thing i did all i get is a blank screen which states "(no podcasts)"

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
krisq

Please use plain text.
Sage

@coldfilter

I don't actually use podcasts but on Music Player when you have loaded music there is a menu option to refresh the player.

Have you refreshed the player after loading your podcasts?

History: Always Nokia since 1994 including Nokia 2140, 7110e, 6150, 6210, 6310i, 6230i, N82
Current: Nokia N8 (Anna - I have no intention of going to Belle) - and delighted with it!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I would like an application same as on my n85 where i would be able to suscribe to podcasts of my choice whereupon i could download episodes if i so chose
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

unfortunately podcatcher is unsigned so am unable to download it onto my phone
Please use plain text.
Sage
mikwag

coldfilter wrote:

Hi coldfilter - hope you love your N8 as much as I do mine!  I have Podcatcher and it loaded fine - but it is version 1.0 and I think the latest is version 1.10.  It is on Ovi Store at £1 - well worth it for what it does, and presumably signed if it is on Ovi for N8.  I use Situations (Nokia Beta Labs - Situations -great app!) to load it up automatically at 4am, and have set it to update every hour (it uses my wifi), so while I sleep, it automatically downloads all my new podcasts .... in the morning I can just close it - superb.  You may also be interested in Music Stopper (free on Ovi) - which indirectly gives Music and other apps a sleep function by killing them after a specified time - I use it for the DAB radio.

My current phone - Samsung Galaxy Note
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
krisq

Are you sure you are downloading correct version? I've installed Podcatcher few days ago without a problem.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

mikwag wrote:

coldfilter wrote:

Hi coldfilter - hope you love your N8 as much as I do mine!  I have Podcatcher and it loaded fine - but it is version 1.0 and I think the latest is version 1.10.  It is on Ovi Store at £1 - well worth it for what it does, and presumably signed if it is on Ovi for N8.  I use Situations (Nokia Beta Labs - Situations -great app!) to load it up automatically at 4am, and have set it to update every hour (it uses my wifi), so while I sleep, it automatically downloads all my new podcasts .... in the morning I can just close it - superb.  You may also be interested in Music Stopper (free on Ovi) - which indirectly gives Music and other apps a sleep function by killing them after a specified time - I use it for the DAB radio.

thanks downloaded podcatcher though not as good as the one on my N85 it was well worth the 1.06 euro thanks for the heads up on the Situations app i am going to give it a go

as far as the N8 is concerned it is in my opinion a superb phone well worth the money

Please use plain text.