Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Keyboard changed from azerty to qwerty

Contributor
sbmm
Accepted Solution

Keyboard changed from azerty to qwerty

I had my Nokia Asha 200 flashed since it started giving problem of conflicting apps: nokia xpress.

Now its using qwerty keyboard instead of azerty. I have problems getting other letters and symbols since A gives Q, Q gives A, W gives Z, Z gives W, trying to type and gives qnd.

Help please, its from bad to worse
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

The question is whether your Asha 200 has reverted to version of software dictated by seven character alphanumeric product code starting with "0" upon label unber battery or whether incorrect software has been installed upon device by using inappropriate software.

What I am trying to say is if this Asha 200 was pre-owned before you got it, all may not be what it seems and qwerty keyboard may have been swapped to azerty with appropriate software at some point for resale. When you re-install device software via Nokia Suite it has reverted to it's original "Qwerty" product code.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sbmm

I bought the Asha 200 sealed in box. I think the later is the real cause of problem.

How can l have the appropriate software being re-loaded? I am going to show the guy who flashed the phone your post. Hope it will assist him.

Thanks for the speedy response
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sbmm

I have nokia pc suite. Is it able to download the appropriate software? How do l go about doing this?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Nokia Suite upon your PC can only read the electronic product code and deliver the latest or re-install existing device software (if already the latest version available for that device).

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.