Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Made in china nokia 808 build quality problem ...

Advisor
chasam

Made in china nokia 808 build quality problem ?

There are some infomation on the web saying that made in china nokia 808 s not having the original carl zesis lens. is there any truth in this ?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Re: Made in china nokia 808 build quality problem ?

Nokia does not comment on speculations on third party websites. If you own an official Nokia 808, it WILL have an original Carl Zeis lens. Products which don't are counterfeits.

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
chasam

Thanks for the quick reply.  I do own a official 808. So you are saying that made in china 808 s are no different than made in finland 808 s, am I right ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Purportedly Salo (Finland) produced it's last handset upon 27 July so no longer are any "Made in Finland".

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Professor
bazyeo

I live in Australia and can tell you that all the Nokia phones I have bought since 2002 have been made in China.

As far as the hardware is concerned the fit and finish is great and I have never had a problem. But the software is a different problem. The only problem with made in China is that you have to be wary of counterfeits, but if you buy from a reputable dealer this should not be a problem. I buy a lot of model railway equipment that is made in China. Fit and finnish is great. Never had a problem.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
deekbee

As far as I understand it, all 808s are made to the same standards, with the same components.

I also believe that the 808 is probably primarily manufactured in china.

The claims of some not having the same lenses is totally unfounded, and it just someone trying to spread FUD.

Mine is made in China, and has a truly fantastic camera.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JackS

Hello,

My 808 is also made in Chine and camera quality is super!
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/540290_3801296269118_1127358803_n.jpg

This is little picture i took few days ago. I think the quality is amazing.

Jaak
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
Craig_Mitchell

mine too :smileyhappy:

http://goo.gl/LjBhp

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JackS

wow, very nice photo :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.