Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Mobile Network unavailable (Nokia N8)

GottaBy

Mobile Network unavailable (Nokia N8)

[ Edited ]

I've just bought a used phone the old users reset it back to factory settings,

the phone is locked to T Mobile i recently got a new t mobile sim card it loads up fine but i notice that it says on mobile network 'network unavailble' seems to not be connected to a network even though it should be connected to T mobile.

when i click on it in the operator selection i choose T Mobile but it says 'no access' i also cant make any calls on it when i do any call it says 'emergency calls only'

what can i do to fix this problem?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@GottaBy

Is SIM activated, have you tried it in another device?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
McDonaR

I've recently had a similar problem with my Nokia 700. One morning it should wouldn't find a network and kept saying 'SIM card registration failed'.

My phone is unlocked and have been using an O2 sim and a Sure CW Sim on and off for the last year or so.

After looking for any updates (none as phone is at current software), restoring, resetting to factory settings and finally a hard reset, I got the Sure CW SIM to connect to T-mobile.

However if I try to connect to any other network manually (even T-mobile!) it refuses and will say 'SIM card registration failed' until I do another hard reset.

I've had my O2 SIM card replaced, they both work in other phones fine and the phone recognises the difference between them (PIN numbers and SIM contacts).

I'm at a loss for what to do as there isn't a nokia care store near where I live.

Please use plain text.