Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Music not showing album artwork on N97...

Mobile Sensei
carman58

I posted this on an earliier thread, all my music is mp3, every track has album art;

Hi, I have N97 with over 2200 tracks on it, because I'm 'sad' and like things to look as good as possible, and try and use my expensive toy to it's full capacity. I use two methods for album art, either by editing in WMP or on the phone itself. In windows media player go to music files on your computer and drag and drop the album cover into the album file(if it's not already there, obviously). If you don't have art, google album with pictures , find album cover, right click and save photo as. When you have album art in all music folders, you can either drag photo over blank album cover or pick first track, right click on it and select advanced editor. Pick the photo tab and click add. This will give you photo's in the music folder, click art select front cover, select apply then OK. Then simply drag and drop album folder into music folder in E-drive on phone Well any drive you like except C.Go to music on phone, refresh and all should be Ok.

To get art on music already installed on phone you need to drag and drop photo of album art into images on E-Drive on phone, then go to music, select Albums, highlight the album  without art, tap options, tap album art, tap change. This will then take you to the photo's on your phone, tap the art you want,then just ok everything and all th tracks will show Album cover. If you're really sad you can put individual art on individual track, by going into album, highlight track, tap opions, scroll to album art, select change, then add any picture you want that is on phone ( concert stills, rear cover, photo's of artist etc)

Hope this helps

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.

Here is the problem I have:

(N97, V20 firmware)

The artwok is embedded; I know that because when I'm on the "now playing" screen,  the artwork shows up correctly. However, it doesn't show up in the list of albums in the music player.

I hoped I'd be able to sort this using the "coverseverywhere" code suggested earlier in this thread

http://code.google.com/p/coverseverywhere/

but I can't get this to run on my mac (it's a G4 PPC mac mini, OSX 10.5). It says something about my architecture not being supported. Has it been written for intel macs only, does anyone know?

Please use plain text.
Professor
rasmus

My WMP has artwork for everything - when I sync to the N97 i have like 2 songs out of 1000 that have album art - go figure. Where does it go? Nobody knows!

I am just happy that the music plays.... My expectations are lower now than ever for this super-phone of mine.

I love my purple screen, 1/2 day battery, sketchy touch screen and $800 price tag - I call it my Lumia 900
Please use plain text.
Sage
alexeiw123

i found a fix i think.

in nokia music 1.3, through pc suite not ovi, up the top right press menu, then edit, then optimize artwork, it takes a fair while for a large collection, but you can leave it. when it finished I closed and sent some of my music over with winamp like I normally do... and album art is now working for me :smileyhappy:

I only tested a few to the phone but I'm gonna put alot back on soon and see how it goes 

Please use plain text.

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately I'm on a mac and apparently Nokia doesn't think it's important to support mac users (there's only 15 million of us), so there is no mac version of Nokia Music.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Ok, I have posted on this subject a couple of times, but here is a very simple, but laborious way to get album art on all your tracks. First make sure your music is all installed as albums, and that every track appears when you open the album. Get a jpeg image of the album cover and put it in images on e drive in your phone, then do the following.

open menu -- tap music -- tap music library -- tap albums -- highlight the album which matches the jpeg image you added -- tap options -- tap album art -- tap options -- select change( even if album art is showing) -- highlight the jpeg image that matches the album and tap select -- tap yes -- wait untill jepeg image is loaded -- tap back. That's it, every track on that album will have the album cover (or whatever image you chose) attached to it. To attach an image to a single track, use the same process but you will have to scroll options on the track to find album art option. This does work all my tracks have album art, as did those on my N95 8gig . Hope this helps, it can take a long time, but after 8 or 9 albums it gets easier and you get a bit quicker. Good luck

Please use plain text.

:squint::squint:

I'm sure that works...

I have 400 albums though. Probably take me about a day. In an ideal world Nokia would write software that would not require a day's work on the user's part to make fully functional. Actually more than a day. I already spent a substantial amount of time trying to persuade Nokia music manager to transfer the music onto my phone without screwing everything up.

If Nokia was in charge of the internet we'd have to phone up an operator and dictate the URL in order to see a webpage.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

I did mention it was a 'laborious' method. However it DOES WORK. Also 400 albums seems rather a lot !  A lot  of my music is off previous phones, which already had art attached, but to load 400 albums by whatever method would be a marathon. On the upside 400 jpeg images wouldn't take too long, but for everyone else, I would suggest loading all the album art you need, then just attach it to four or five albums at a time whenever you have 5 minutes free, Most people wouldn't have to spend as much time doing this as they would searching forums for a quick, automatic method that requires no effort. I spend hours trying to make my phone look good, I don't 'need ' to and I would never spend 5 days  constantly watching the album art on my phone change. So basically people enjoy the fact that you're phone is running well enough for your main concern is 'Album Art'. I've been really lucky, very few problems with phone, managed to research and solve almost anything I needed to on web and I'm very grateful to all the contributers on this forum and others, who have let me pick there brains.  So people with minor cosmetic problems just put a bit of effort in and have a bit of sympathy for people who's phones are freezing, crashing, failing to make calls etc etc etc. I'm lucky and happy with my N97, and I think with the number Nokia have sold most users must be, but kids if you just want to do a bit of customisation, just put a bit of effort in first, and enjoy doing it ! Sorry for the moan, if I see another post I think I can help with I will try, and just hope most people get some pleasure from this fantastic technological machine !

Please use plain text.
Sage
alexeiw123

if you put the album art .jpg files on your mass memory, do they then show up in the phoo browser? i had one album done liek that, and the album art was in the gallery. or can you delete the files once it's been added to the album?

that other method i posted on saturday worked for me, 17.5 GB of music most wih album art, not all, for some reason a few compilations the labum art didn't stick, but I'd say about 90% of the 3126 songs have album art on then. the once that don't, i'm not sure?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

yes yhe photo's will show in photo browser, and you need to leave them there. Also if you have comilation Albums and some tracks not showing art, either change the album aet on the album as explained, even if some tracks are showing art if you assign anew jpeg to album it will replace the original and be added to every track. Alternatively pick out individual track and either add album cover to that or an alternative photo ( say of the artist) and that image will be attached to that track only. If your photo browser gets too cluttered you can organise it by moving photos to individual folders,  then when you view pictures you can just choose the folder/abum you want to see.To put photos in albums-

1- Press menu key

2-Tap photos

3-Tap downloads

4-Tap tick in centre at bottom of screen

5- tap any photo you want to move to an individual photo album. When you've chosen all the photos you want tap -options

6-Tap add to album

7-Tap either new album (name it)

8-tap OK

Now when you open photo's you can tap on one particular album and just view those pics.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

Please use plain text.

I've been researching this for a while and it seems Music Player isn't parsing the tags properly. Deleting all other tags (comments, composers, etc) except the main ones (title, track, album, track#, etc) does help. I've embeded all album arts in all the tracks. It so far works for 99% of all my tracks. Still working on why that 1%er doesn't work.

I've also noticed the Music Player does NOT suppot special characters in the filename. I use WinAmp to sync and during the sync, the special chars are replaced. Doing so, the next time I sync, the track is not found and needs to be deleted and re-synced everytime.

I have the N97 V20 from the US.

I think that a better solution than putting the album art into the album folder on your phone. If you decided to do so and didn't want the album to show in your image album, you'll need to set the album art to "hidden" with a tool like x-plorer. Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I thought I'd try and be cute and drag an image from a Google search I did in Firefox on to the Album Artwork widget inside Ovi Suite Music Player thing. Ouch crash and burn! Annoying thing is the image displays inside Ovi for all of about 1 second before the crash.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
roz_n97

carman58 wrote:
  I did mention it was a 'laborious' method. However it DOES WORK.

Dude - WE KNOW! But that's just the point, it is laborious and we shouldn't have to do it. Folk aren't ignoring you - they just don't want to do it that way! The darn software should do it (either OS2 or NMP) if it's already got the artwork there. It does from some, so why should we have do some manumatic way for the rest. I did this on my N95 and it's a pain in the sacks. Is it too much to ask for some software that just works?

Cheers,
"ROZ"
N97 on GiffGaff
Started to grind to a halt until I hard reset it - still a lot slowly than my wife's iP4
Please use plain text.