Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: My N8 Experience Updated

Counsellor
Amalia_n8

My N8 Experience Updated

1. Received new n8 purchased for me by my husband in December from newegg.com

Phone was great for 2 weeks then turned off, wouldn't turn on for hours.

2. Called NCC, phones under warranty, told to send it in. We live in Oregon, send it to Alabamas repair center.

3. 3 days later receive original phone with a slip saying “yay its fixed, congrats, use your phone!” 1 week later black screens, won't turn on.

4. Call Newegg.com No they won't help us with this situation, it's nokias phone and its under warranty. Deal with Nokia. Call NCC. “Send it back in, we'll fix it” Send it to repair center in Texas.

5. 14 days later receive original phone fixed. 5 minutes out of the box and on, freezes. Won't turn off... Finally turns off 30mins later... Won't turn back on for 4hours... Call NCC. “Send it back, we'll repair”

6. NO! We want a guarantee it will get fixed or we will get a replacement. “Its up to the technician and there's nothing else we can do.” Talk to someone else at NCC, they send us a free shipping label. Ship back to Texas

7. 10 days later.. No updates online.. Nothing.. Call NCC and they see the wrong info so they can't help. Call person who helped the one time with the label they say yes, they'll send a replacement but it will take 2 weeks.

8. Next day (BTW now it's February) phone on my doorstep. Call NCC. They say it's the repaired original. We explain that no, we're expecting a replacement. We're told to ship it back. They send us a shipping label.

9. No word from Nokia... Nothing.. No update.. Update online is 2 phone send backs old so we have no new information.. Call NCC “We sent you the replacement” “No, you sent the original and you told us it was the original” “No, it was the replacement, didn't you look in the box” “No, we were told to just send it back because it was the original”....

10 Still No N8. Waiting to see if NCC calls us back on Monday since talking to them on Friday an not getting any resolution.

Moral of the story: Don't buy a n8 unless you live close to a repair center.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
bandofbrothers

And on balance.........

Ive had no issues with my unit.
Battery life is really good.
New sw update worked like a charm.

Nokia n8.
iphone 5 16gb - black/slate

Be happy !!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Dubble

Battery life is very good. But i wanted even more time. So i bought an additionnal battery pack. It provides 4 full charges

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Amalia_n8

Mine wasn't a battery life problem. It has a faulty motherboard. I'm sure the battery life of the unit was probably great. I wouldn't know for sure of course since I have yet to use a working N8...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

Amalia_n8 wrote:

Mine wasn't a battery life problem. It has a faulty motherboard. I'm sure the battery life of the unit was probably great. I wouldn't know for sure of course since I have yet to use a working N8...

I'd use the contact us link above to attempt to escalate your complaint

This is primarily a user to user support forum,

your issue with the quality of nokia care is not something it's really set up for

Please use plain text.
Advisor
misha7667

My thoughts exactly.I've always used nokias and found them to be incredibly durable.I just don't get it with the n8.I think it was rushed.there's no way u can tell me that those that tested this phone didn't see some of these problems
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Amalia_n8

I have used the contact us link and my problem has been 'escalated' three times. I'm sharing my concerns and my situation for anyone else who might have the same problems or concerns. And hey, if you've had a positive experience with nokia write your own story. It might help someone else. Have you had a positive outcome by using the contact us link? In what way did it "escalate" or "resolve" your problem? I'd love to find out.
Please use plain text.