Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: My Nokia 701 Belle FP1 Feedbacks

Counsellor
Rups_Kumar
Accepted Solution

My Nokia 701 Belle FP1 Feedbacks

OMG its awesome :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy:
First of all i and all my friends was amazed  by seeing it...........It's speed is tremendous :smileysurprised:
I was getting same silky touch as i get in windows phone Lumia 800 after my 1.3 ghz Arm11processor clock speed.

It is very very fast...
Now certain things were need to be change

1)Camera mute option in Camera setting

2)Aspect ratio adjustement in Video player.

and many other things......

And mostly all bugs are fixed from Belle..

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

[ Edited ]

I have never been so satisfied with an update as these for Nokia 701.

First Belle FP1 and also all the stuff regarding Microsoft Apps 2.0...

I used a Lumia earlier this year for 6 weeks and now I can even say that Lumia 800 can be smoked by a handy 701-user.

I mean it.

Super Symbian showing what QT Tech is about.

I am thinking what parts of Belle, QT and Meego that will evolve after 2016...

Nokia 701 PR1 has nothing to do with old symbian, nothing regarding to speed, stabilty and overall performance.

Sure, there is some things that I really want, for example playing music and video from webdav servers...but if that comes along this is complete, mission accomplished for 97% of the user base of all handsets for at least some years to come...

great Nokia :smileysurprised:

Moderators notes: Profanity removed.

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Rups_Kumar

[ Edited ]

If that is what Belle Fp1 update can do.........we can again expect anything from later OS version by Nokia......Symbian OS is again back in track to compete against any OS :smileyhappy:
I have Xperia Ray and my 701 is faster than it too now  :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: and battery of Android phones are **bleep** as u know
Now this update wil surely gonna revive symbian sells and all my friends are crying to buy Nokia 808 PV..previously they told me they will not buy Nokia Symbian phones and they will wait for windows phone Pv...........
As far as apps are concern attract customers and apps developer will automatically attract...
This update is really really fabulous .... I was loosing hope for Nokia OS and now i can too say that that Lumia 800 can be smoked by a handy 701-user.
Keep it up Symbian..... oops :smileytongue:
I mean Nokia OS

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Alex_lt

after updating my nokia 701, sim card stoped responding, im offline by 3 hours now, other sim works good.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

"after updating my nokia 701, sim card stoped responding, im offline by 3 hours now, other sim works good."

Just thinking out of the box here;

Switch off codes for sim and phone so no codes have to be stipultaed when you starting up the phone. Even other security steps that you may have taken to protect your phone could be the problem.

"Dismantle" the safety codes that you have former given to the phone.

Shut down the phone and take out the battery for a couple of minutes/hours?

Restart the phone...and even shut down data connections and/or wlan when phone starts running.....

I have heard about this problem before and I just thinking of a solution that may be your salvation...it may sound far fetched this but hey, worth a try..otherwise, call nokia care in your country.

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Contributor
N701GR

All well with the new FP1.After installing the new maps application from the nokia store , all went well but now it shows again on the store that I have to update it again. Does it happened to anyone else?

Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

N701GR wrote:

All well with the new FP1.After installing the new maps application from the nokia store , all went well but now it shows again on the store that I have to update it again. Does it happened to anyone else?

Exactly the same thing here.

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

By the way,i try to made a reinstall of FP1 thru Nokia Suite but it only shows the version installed there's no option to reinstall,and there's no updates available(before the update to FP1 microsoft apps were available).

Are you guys in the same situation? 

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

It should say in the text you can reinstall the software (re-install is in blue). By clicking this it should start the process for re-installation.

If this option is not there then the only way to have firmware reinstalled is via your Nokia Care point.
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
santathe1

Nokia Belle Feature Pack 1

Overall, it's very nice and fast. But various useful functions have either been removed or are not working. A list of which (as far as I've noticed) is given.

1.Profile selection from the on/off key - Gone.

2.Contact search by dialing numbers on dialing pane (Turing on the contact search option didn't help) - Not working.

3.Aspect ratio changeability while watching videos - Gone.

4.Locking/Unlocking screen from the on/off key - Gone. (The slider on my 701 has become discoloured and flimsy after repetitive use).

Then the weird issue.

After opening an application in landscape mode and the open applications (by holding the menu key) are viewed (in landscape mode), the preview is in portarit. Hence the preview is in a weird orientation. Then if it was brought back to portrait and open applications viewed, the  preview looks like its in landscape.

(Example in attachment)

(I've tried to explain the case as best as I could)

Also I didn't get the Microsoft Apps 2.0 when I updated to 112.010.1404 OTA. Now the MS Apps 2.0 is not to be found in the 'Software updates' application.

Apart from this, I really like what they've done. Only, they haven't tried hard enough or couldn't be bothered.

An option to have panaromic wallpapers (like the N900) would be welcome.

If you fee that I've not seen something somewhere and am simply complaining, PLEASE point me in the right direction.

Nokia 701
113.010.1506 - FP2
Missing many essential options from FP1 and original Belle.
Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

mechanimal82 wrote:
It should say in the text you can reinstall the software (re-install is in blue). By clicking this it should start the process for re-installation.

If this option is not there then the only way to have firmware reinstalled is via your Nokia Care point.

hi mechanimal82,i known these procedure,but re-install option it's not there.

Just want to know if other users who update to FP1 have the same issue.

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

OK, Apologies.

I'm afraid I no longer have my 701 to check. However I would suggest that if you're having a problem with maps then try to perform a soft reset *#7780# and see if the issue prevails?
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

[ Edited ]

Loureiro

You can also see what Nokia Software Updater shows and if it gives you the choice to reinstall.

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

mechanimal82 wrote:
OK, Apologies.

I'm afraid I no longer have my 701 to check. However I would suggest that if you're having a problem with maps then try to perform a soft reset *#7780# and see if the issue prevails?

No problems! :smileyhappy:

I already done a "delete and restore" reset and that's why i wanna re-install software.

The maps issue,i already reported it thru the store itself,i'm waiting for some kind of answer.

Thank's for trying to help!

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

[ Edited ]

Jampe wrote:

Loureiro

You can also see what Nokia Software Updater shows and if it gives you the choice to reinstall.

Jampe

Hi Jampe,already try with NSU and shows no updates or option to re-install FP1...

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

@ Loureiro,

I tried with 701 with FP1 and it gave me the option with both. Could be that there is some temporary server issue and due to that the option is not available. Please see if it comes available later.
If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
kaki2410

Same problem with me :smileysad: :smileysad: .. Any solution to the sim problem ??
Please use plain text.
kaki2410

My sim card Is not getting detected after updating.. Any solutions to this problem ?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Alex_lt

same problem here. waiting answer from nokia care. plz reply if ull get the solution somehow.
Please use plain text.
Mithundperfect

Double tap on the screen while playing any video to adjust the Aspect Ratio.

Please use plain text.