Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: My Nokia 701 Belle FP1 Feedbacks

Counsellor
better_belle

I appreciate that everyone is chiming in here with their opinion, but I would greatly appreciate it if you could all give some background information such as your country and/or servi provider, since there inevitably will be variations in the update.

I'm in the UK with Tesco Mobil and I'm still waiting for the FP1 update.

Many thanks,
better_belle
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Rups_Kumar

So..
I am from India and using service provider Bharti  Airtel  network..I got this update.
My friends from India using service providers like BSNL ,Tata Docomo,Reliance,Idea,Vodafone and all had all got this update :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy:
They all like it like me despite some software glitches// 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
santathe1

India, Airtel (Network).
No glitches, just shortcomings.
I'm guessing Nokia thought we Asians didn't need the muted shutter for the camera as much as the rest of the world.
Nokia 701
113.010.1506 - FP2
Missing many essential options from FP1 and original Belle.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ronmati

same sim problem here. My Nokia 701 always goes offline after update. It says insert sim card. pls help, pls, pls.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Loureiro,

Have you got the option to reinstall back, or is it still unavailable? Sorry I don't have any new info about this at the moment.

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

Jampe wrote:

Loureiro,

Have you got the option to reinstall back, or is it still unavailable? Sorry I don't have any new info about this at the moment.

Jampe

Hi Jampe,

still unavailable...

Thank you for your concern

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

@ Loureiro,

Did you update over the air using the software update application in the phone?
If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

Jampe wrote:
@ Loureiro,

Did you update over the air using the software update application in the phone?

Yes i did.and that´s the weird thing:when the update pos up,before i updated it,i plugged the phone in to the computer and check in Nokia Suite if the update was available,and for my surprise was not available.so then i decided to made it thru OTA.

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
groume2203

have the same problem after updating. My 701 goes offline all the time and cannot recognize the sim
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ronmati

When did you purchase your sim? Mine was last 2007. It is not working with my updated Nokia 701 but it works fine with other phones. My updated Nokia 701 can detect new sims but not my old sim. I think old sims are not compatible with Belle FP1.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
babdi

[ Edited ]

FP1

My observations

1. 30% faster;Menus open quicker,Galleries open fast. Scrolling is quick

2. Unassisted GPS lock quicker

3. Reduced options on pressing power button

4. 16:9 not available in 8M mode

5. Conversations display white against blue background. ( Emulaing a Lumia ?)

If my post has helped you please click the white star on the right
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Loureiro,

Please see the explanation why the reinstallation option is not available from here.

Jampe

Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

Jampe wrote:

Loureiro,

Please see the explanation why the reinstallation option is not available from here.

Jampe

O.K. 

But does that means that i never gonna have the option to reinstall?

or is it temporary?

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

It will be there eventually, just seems that the update hasn't been pushed to the Nokia Suite Updater servers.

I'm sure that they'll put it there soon, however I have no idea of a timeline.
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

This is weird;It means that if i have a problem i have to travel 100 km(50 km each side)to my nearest Nokia Care Center to solve it.

Unfortunatly i'm not new in this visits to Nokia Care,so i contact them and for my surprise they don't have Nokia Belle FP1 to flash my phone.

This is so frustrating....

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ronmati

This is the reply of Nokia Careline to me regarding my sim issues. One of the option is reinstall software.

..."In the absence of the Nokia Suite in your PC, you may download it from this link:

http://www.comms.ovi.com/m/p/ovi/suite/English "...

"If there are no available updates or if you have already updated your phone software, you can re-install the software by clicking the Re-install button/link."

I assume that it can be reinstalled. I haven't yet tried. Will try later to reinstall because of my sim issues. I hope they are not lying.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Krish_007

Using Vodafone network from India... No issues as of though...But the menu scrolling has improved and is much faster now.. Product improvement sends anonymous stats to Nokia... :smileysurprised:

and don't like that blue background in mesages :smileysad: .. Previous was simple and good enough :smileyhappy: Screen Rotation (Horizontal/Vertical) have bcome more smooth and v fast :smileyhappy:

One request : Can we have an inbuilt app for taking screenshots like what we have for android mobile phones.. with certain buttons you can clearly capture what you want..No need for 3rd party apps.. :smileyhappy: and please add those basic organiser functions like Timer, Stopwatch for future releases...

Nokia 701
SW Version : 112.010.1404
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Alex_lt

Cons of FP1. 701

*Sim card was not recognised, had to renew it from operator.

*Now I have to make double more presses of screen cause exit option is lowered in many menu.

*FastTube not working

*In Nokia store application, I have a line on top of screen that shows a gallery, i see a short line of my pictures, its a bug that cant be removed by hard reset (i tried).

Please use plain text.
groume2203

Same problem here, after fp 1 update my 701 sais insert sim. It is a non-locked device bought in Greece
Please use plain text.
Contributor
heavenfall

Hi, My 1st time here...

abt the issue with the SIM problem,

i had it since i bought 701, it may or may not be factory fault, i don't know. but here is how i fix it. cut some thin paper just as the size of the SIM card and slide it together into the slot. mine has been working sine so i hope it help u guys.

reason i'm here is bcoz i can't download the update through Ovi Suite , it says Service is unavailable.
OTA update is availble through my phone but OTA update size abt 21MB and Ovi update is 400MB so i was wondering what is the different?

would i be able to update fully with Ovi if i'm already update with OTA. or is it a one way ticket?

if anyone know pls let me know.

thz 

Please use plain text.