Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: My Nokia 701 Belle FP1 Feedbacks

Contributor
heavenfall

Correction!
OTA update was 27MB & Ovi was 410MB.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
heavenfall

i got my update to FP1 via Ovi Suite @ 22 midnight

it took 12 mins to install to my phone and abt 2 mins to boot.

My map version after update to FP1 was
v3.09 12wk09 b05
Map version 0.2.45.110 but store say v3.9.95 update available so i update it but it still say update available.

Browser ver - 8.2.1.20

Wifi connection drop often even power saving mode was disable

all the Log were clear

nokia mail was not working. it solve now by uninstalling through NetQin.

Store ask for sign in often

Google Map 4.1.1 was not working
Social unable to start, but fix after reinstall

everything went smooth for a few hour, but then i found out that apps & games that install on my memory card were not working properly so i try to restore via backup and restore. and then my phone was a total mess up.

wifi is totally not working. connection fail every time i try to connect. the signal sign beside the wifi sign is dim.

so i try reinstall the update through ovi suite but service unavailable.

when i manage to update it. all the apps & games on memory card are lost. and also Microsoft Apps.

but i'm still having some issue so i reinstall the update several time and now it seems to be ok except that the wifi sometimes show limited connectivity and nokia recommand was not getting anything.

i hope nokia release another stable update soon with most of the problem fix.

thz
Please use plain text.
DynomiteTT

Just updated....

Plug in Headsets aren't working... Both the one that came with this phone and the one from my n900.  When i plug them in, I get a prompt that says accesory not supported.

I can only get one pair of cheap regular  stereo headphones to work. I can hear out of those, but no mic support.

Please use plain text.
Sage

Re: Nokia Belle Feature Pack 1

1) there's this lovely profile widget which does that and more.
2) works exact as in previous Belle (non-FP1) and ANNA
3) Never noticed or even knew it existed. The divx-episodes that I download to my phone are 16/9-format though.
4) You can also press the menu key and then on-screen unlock. The same as with the power key.
Please use plain text.
Sage

You have to leave some room (apps) for app-developpers. Nokia doesn't need to provide every app. Things like a bteer calculator, stopwatch etc... can be found plenty. The same with that screenshot app. Get BEST Screenshot. WHil active it uses the camera key (IMHO very logical).
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gengem

hiya every one  im a big time nokia fan have been as 18yesars     tried a nokia windows for a week  pure rubbish.. anyhow back to belle  and purchased my nokia 701  love the phone battery was doing me  3 days:smileyhappy:  and quite alot of usage    but since this update  im only getting up to 2days use out of full charge   i aint complaing as its better than any android   but wondering does any one else find that has hapend.....   or maybe i aam  not closing a application down properly....  anyhow nokia and belle  will be around  for a long time ive pals with i phones  and htcs etc  and they admit   my 701 is cool..  and once again 2 days useage aint bad outa ful battery charge  nut just wondering  as i was getting 3  days    thanks   william

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Ya, even my 701 battery drains 40% to 50% faster after FP1.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gengem

must have been the increased proceser size or sumfin update is good but im more a call and txt guy a we bit of internet but 2 days is stil good
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
babdi

To increase battery life disable dual mode and use only GSM if you do not use 3G

If my post has helped you please click the white star on the right
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

I have only 2G here!
Battery performance is reduced for normal use!

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Kimhank006

My phone to is using Belle FP1 but the Off option is also missing in the camera settings. I can't go beyond camera 4

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Yes. Camera sound cannot set to off in Belle FP1.
My phone's display keeps always on even after locking.

After using mass storage model, phone hangs for 10 minutes, you cannot use the screen that time and sometimes home screen restart.

I started to hate FP1.

Please use plain text.
akpos39

Hi guys, i just bought my nokia 701, i mant to know if it is advisable to upgrade to nokia belle fp1. Is the belle fp1 stable now and wat is d difference btw updatin via OTA & ovi suit?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Actually the post above maybe a problem with my phone only because I have about 300+ apps installed.

I advice you to go for FP1 upgrade. It is stable.
And has lot if improvement from old version.

Using your phone for software update is called OTA-Over the air.

Over the air updates are always of small size.
Use software update app and get FP1 for your phone.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ronmati

I went to Nokia Care regarding my sim problem. I told the representative if reloading of FP1 does not resolve my problem it is ok for me to use the old OS. But she told me that they cannot do that because they only do is just an upgrade. Why they can't do that? They will just reload the old OS instead of FP1. Is this true or Nokia rep lying to me?

Please use plain text.
yo701

mine to, is it normal?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lockheedmartin

Buddy one can upgrade a mobile operating system but cannot downgrade it. So this is same with your issue too as you have updated ur mobile to FP1 you cannot go back to Nokia Belle( earlier operating system ).

Coming to your SIM problem, one of my friend too faced the same problem when he first purchased this mobile his sim card was not at all getting detected, but its getting detected in other mobiles, then he found that the problem is with the sim not with the mobile. Please do check your sim whether its a 32bit or 64bit or 128bit. Please do go to your mobile operator customer service and ask him for other bit versions and check whether they are working inyour mobile or not.  I hope this helped you.

Sandeep
Please use plain text.
elegantbymind

My Nokia 808 PureView Belle FP1 Feedbacks

Hello…I own an 808 PureView device. At the outset, I must congratulate you for creating such a marvelous device. It’s in all dimensions a brilliant Smartphone and has no major lags except a few which I would like to mention as suggestions to improve the general smoothness and usefulness of its User Interface (henceforth-UI).

1. The in-built gallery lacks ‘mark multiple items’ option which, if integrated, can be fruitfully used to delete or send multiple items though Bluetooth. Also, the in-built gallery lacks ‘renaming’ function which would otherwise be helpful in organizing the gallery items, and in giving custom names which are easy to remember and deal with.
  2. The generic MUSIC PLAYER lacks the track/music search function from within the music player, and so, to search a song out of the vast collection, the user has to use the generic SEARCH application by exiting or minimizing the music player, which in itself is a cumbersome exercise. The search function, if integrated into the music player, will help a great deal in making the music experience really customized and precise as also time saving.
  3. The in-built VIDEO editing options available in the video viewing dashboard are relatively much naïve and rudimentary as compared to PureView’s lesser predecessor, the N8. Now, since 808 is a full-fledged camera Smartphone, it is bit logical on part of the user to expect the video editing dashboard to be as efficient and complete as the photo editing dashboard of the same is.  Advance options like adding music clip can be added to the video editing console to mitigate the need of using any third party application to do so, and thus, it will further enhance the utility drawn from the cell-phone UI in terms of video editing and viewing.
  4. The generic MESSAGING application has the default view as CONVERSATIONS view and manual selection every time is required to switch the view to FOLDERS mode. If there had been an option to make a choice in setting the folders view or the conversations view as default as per users convenience, it would have been again a smooth messaging experience.
  5. To end up, the generic CONTACT application lacks the facility to edit the contact labels unlike the one which was available in S60 V3 devices (I owned N79 prior to owing 808 PureView and so I am well aware of this utility). Facility to edit the contact labels makes it easy to differentiate between multiple contact numbers of the same contact so as to have an ease of remembrance and clarity of use.

I earnestly hope that Nokia will incorporate some or all of these suggestions in the next-to-come firmware upgrade for Belle FP1 devices. These modifications/additions, if done and made, will make the Belle OS fully competent with its various other contemporaries as it just lacks these things but otherwise is a fluid and extremely useful OS. I request you to kindly pay due heed and consideration to my observations and work towards making the Belle OS an all-encompassing mobile platform. 

Thanking You.

Please use plain text.
papon701

who is responsible? customers or nokia for server error issue??a large number of people have been suffering from this problem after updating their handsets to fp2...please nokia do something people are waiting for your answer.
Please use plain text.