Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: My Nokia N8 is dead,can't turn on and can't ch...

Contributor
Accepted Solution

My Nokia N8 is dead,can't turn on and can't charging

Im from Nokia's dealer from  Malaysia,I sold several n8 to my customers.

I found many of N8 was dead and can't turn on,can't charging even I tried the hard reset button(menu,volume down+camera key+turn on button),is no work at all...

Does anybody get this problem??Or this problem is just occurred in my country.Please Help!!!

And sorry for my poor english!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

Re: My Nokia N8 is dead,can't turn on and can't charging

if they are dead only nokia care can help you or if you bought them as a dealer send your stock back and have them send you another lot of phones.
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Sage
Akuma07

As far as I know you are the first person to report this problem.
Hit the white star if I have helped you =]
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
DrTech

Just contact Nokia care. Me in Malaysia. got a defective device too.
Please use plain text.
dyii95

same thing happened to me. im from malaysia also. need help. ntgs working

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
iR0NiC

i baught new nokia n8 from nokia shop 10 days back today i found my phone is not starting i dont knw when it i8s switchd off and now when i am trying to charge it is not charging the charging light is not glowing even i cant charge from USB i am taking goood care of phone its new i didnt drop it or not any water contact with phone now what should i do ? it is just 10 days old and phone is mulfunctioning i want replacement of phone...... NOKIA GUYZ PLEASE READ IT ,I AM VERY DISSOPOINTED :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
iR0NiC

[ Edited ]

i am from india and my cell no is

Personal details removed by a moderator. We kindly ask you not to share your personal contact details or your phone's IMEI number publicly on this forum.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sotsot87

i'm from Malaysia also, and i also facing this kind of problem now! Firstly my n8 is keep restart and shutdown the phone for few days, then yesterday morning it shutdown again, but cannot turn it on..... i have try for many ways, but the result is same.... n8 still still in dead! so yesterday nite i sent it to nokia care center, they also dunnoe whats going on of my n8! then now the phone is left on there for checking and repair....

i hope that nokia can give us a good explaination after all of this!

Please use plain text.
dyii95

i hope this can be fixed soon. i like using the n8 very much

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
iR0NiC

sorry for my previous post ,

even i lyk to use nokia n8

i used iphone also   but the model of nokia n8 and touch is very good  ,12mp camera and all stuff are very good but my phone is dead   THIS IS A NIGHTMARE FOR ME ......

today morning when i woke up ma phone was dead ,

now m going 1200 kms back to replace my phone nokia should look over the problems of coustmer 

Please use plain text.
Professor
kman00

Go where you bought the phone, if its a nokia retail store even better, they should give you a different phone with no problem

Nokia N80
Nokia N82
Nokia N97
Nokia N8 Dark Gray- RM-596
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sotsot87

so where should i go for exchanged the phone? care center or retail store? bcoz my phone nw is in the care center... so should go take it out and take to retail store to exchanged new phone?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
iR0NiC

thnxx for help i am going to nokia store i baught ma phone from nokia globle zone   

Please use plain text.
nuuneoi

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I'm owner of N8 community in Thailand.

From user's post over ther, I found that about one-fifth or more has dead-phone problem. And unfortunate that ... in Thailand, Nokia has no policy to return, refund or even change the phone...

Nokia should clarify the problem as soon as possible. The price is not that cheap, many people here are disappointed :smileysad:

Moderator note: external link removed as the web site is not in English. Please note that external links are subject to the same moderation rules as posts in the forum, and so must comply with our language rules.

Please use plain text.
dyii95

i took it back to the retail store i bought it at. now he says hes gonna send it to nokia. might take around a week or so. hope they send me a n8 without probs

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sotsot87

nw the care center tell me, they will replace a new motherboard for my N8, coz they have try many ways to switch on, but at last failed also... then they tell me have to bout 1-2 weeks.....

haiz..............

Please use plain text.
Advisor
slimswim703

Have had same problem, N8 lasted 48hs then dead, it turned it's self off off won't turn back on was charged at time, now won't take charge & won't turn back on. Luckily have on Vodafone & they offer immediate replacement within 7 days. Will try another N8 out of brand loyalty if same problems then sorry Nokia but I'm off to another brand of smart phone. Do they care I wonder?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mayjas

Same problem for me also. Was using Opera and the native browser, phone just froze and turned off. SInce then cannot turn it on or charge it. No response.

Gonna take it to local Nokia care, but they will take lots of time.

Thinking of removing battery and putting it back slowly.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
pulseracing

same problem with mine in the uk, o2 sending replacement tomorrow

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mayjas

opened bottom and removed battery, still no luck...............just couldnt resist opening it..........

Only option is to go to service centre...............

Please use plain text.