Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: My Nokia N8 is dead,can't turn on and can't ch...

Mobile Sensei
radical24

Re: My Nokia N8 is dead,can't turn on and can't charging

http://www.intomobile.com/2010/11/11/n8-torture/

in case you have not seen what happens to the phones, good vid to watch
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.

I also was a happy and loyal Nokia user since i ever started using cell phones (except for first one, it was Sony, yes, before it merged with ericsson). I was recommending Nokia phones to everyone because they were reliable like no other phones. But now, i bought N8 and have the same problem like the others on this forum. In the past, i also had some problems with nokia phones, but it happened only once or twice, and the customer service/phone replacement was fast and easy (got a temporary replacement phone when i was waiting for my own device). based on what you guys wrote here i guess the customer service is not that nice anymore, i'm gonna contact service tomorrow, hopefully they will give me a new working phone. I can't say N8 is a bad phone, it was a real fun for three days, was happy that Nokia finally has a device which can catch up with iphone, but this kind of failure is just ridiculous. the trick with freezer worked for me too, now i'm backing up all the stuff before i give it for repair. but again, it's really funny, so now i'm supposed to look for a fridge every time i want to call someone?! come on, this phone costs over 400euro!! huge disappointment, i'm not gonna recommend nokia to my friends anymore.

and some info about the device - made in finland, bought in ireland, vodafone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bluestone4u

Had my n8 from 3 for a week. Exactly the same problem. They will exchange when they have restocked.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Galileo

From Germany and the same problem. But there is an short solution for this; you have to put your n8 into the freezer! works for a few minutes ore hours. it´s not a "long-time-solution" for this ?hardware?-bug! it still sucks a lot!

Please use plain text.
eggshell

Changed my nokia n8 (shipping date 23/09/10) for a new one (shipping date 24/09/10)

The new one works fine no freezer actions needed. The old one is going to be sent back to nokia, Finland.

Please use plain text.
htainlintha

From singapore,

so kool, so far no prob, and I can see many ppl using silly nick name and ruining d name but fails. Come on. I bought it like 10 days ago and it ju awesome :smileyhappy:

Love Nokia, its my first phone. No prob at all.

Please use plain text.
genie88

Dear Nokia,

Wake up and let us be open to the real issue now so we will understand.  I got my new N8 last Oct 23 when it was introducted here in Manila.  I'm not a heavy user and now i experienced this wiered problem too.  I just turned off the unit today and when i wanted to turn it on, it is dead.  I know it was still fully charged then.  I tried all sort of remedy in this forum like hard reset using the 4 buttons, charging using another phone this switch to N8 and the freezer option to no avail.  I was surprised to find out that there were already a lot of similar incident or problem like this and still Nokia have not yet come out with thei foral communication or reply.  I had been a longtime Nokia user and this is very disappointing given the promisses and price for this unit.  We deserve a good service then...

Hope to hear from you soon or betterstill replace the unit if not refund the money soon. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ikraamsalie

Re: Nokia N8 is dead,can't turn on and no charging response

Hi, I have had my phone for 9 days. Had the reboot issue but was not worried. Now the thing is completely dead. I chose the N8 over the Iphone 4 and this is what its done to me. I still like the phone but now I have to get another one. Hopefully my service provider has in stock ... and maybe the new one will be trouble free,,,,

Please use plain text.
Professor
mccoy1

yes ask em for a new one (well, you don't have to ask because it's still covered. just take it to em for replacement). And remember iphone 4 has a side-touch issues.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ziggy1975

my N8 was dead two days after i got it!!! thought that it was just a glitch and vodafone replaced it after they got it back in stock!, got my new phone on Wednesday and it is now dead again!! two phones in two weeks! an absolute scandal ! i will be on the phone to vodafone in the morning and i am afraid that this is the last straw! i have put up with the N96 problems My N97 went to the bin 3 months ago as it could not be fixed!, I wait on the N8 and this happens.

NOKIA GET YOU ACT TOGETHER!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

REQUEST!! for 1 ON 1 Exchange for Initial Batch Genuine MoBo defective N8!!

I'm starting a topic at the Nokia Malaysia FB discussions board to "REQUEST!! for 1 ON 1 Exchange for Initial Batch Genuine MoBo defective N8!!". Hope anyone from here also can support on the move... 

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=113065628706153&topic=352

As the more I think and the more I cross check with the service manual I really worry the change of the MoBo for the N8 are really easily been mess up by those un-train or un-skillful NCC technicians...  

CALLING FOR SUPPORT!!!

Please use plain text.
Professor
mccoy1

[ Edited ]

Okay folks,when having a problem, i think the first step to solving it is to know the possible cause. i think the issue here is the build in battery. Remember in n97 when the screen just go blank and the phone seem dead cos it's not responding and when u remove the battery and put it back, then the phone comes to life again ? Ok, what if same thing happened to yr N8? There's no battery to pull out and therefore you are in trouble

Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

if ONLY it's as simple as that... i've run through some verification and it's NOT just a simple pull out and put back the battery can resolve these hardcore defective N8, already got user who bring to the Nokia service center and "force" the technician to remove the battery and re-install back and YES is can make the N8 boot up BUT the device dead again by the next morning...

Please use plain text.
Sage

Same problem here. From The Netherlands.

N8 > Freeze > Dark screen > dead.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

Can I suggest you leave it alone for an hour then try to boot it

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Gary84

Rebooting wont help dude :/ only ud be able to switch on the phone then after sometime it becomes lifeless :I

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Gary84

:smileysad:
Please use plain text.
cujain2006

I got new N8 on 06/11/2010 and since the day I got it I am having problem with it. it is suddenly shutting down automatically and it restarts automatically and today it has stopped working and the whole mobile is turned off . and it is not starting at all even if I put the charger ,its not charging as well. I really don’t know what’s wrong with  it, Even the WEB browser has stopped working since 3 days. . I really don’t understand why NOKIA People are not building us a better product for the money what we have paid. Am really sorry to say but didn’t expect the new NOKIA N8 to be like this. I would be requesting the NOKIA people to be replacing  my NOKIA N8 with a new one. As it is not even 10 days old.

Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]

Nokia is making Steve Jobs happy with this kind of not-solving / not-communicating policy.

Also : do NOT ... absolutely NOT put your N8 in a *bleep* freezer !!!! This will void your warranty immediately (moisture) and is the most *bleep* advise on this forum.

Moderators note:

"We would like to inform you that we have edited your post due to inappropriate words used. Please note that this is against the terms of use of the boards."

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SLC_BR

Same problem, with my 3 days old N8. It is worldwide (I'm Brazil).

Please use plain text.