Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: My Nokia N8 is dead,can't turn on and can't ch...

kurtster20

Re: My Nokia N8 is dead,can't turn on and can't charging

The same thing is happernig here in Australia, now i know why i never liked Nokia.........Why did i trust them again :smileysad:(((( Lesson learnt

Sad but True

Aussie

Please use plain text.
Ex-Administrator (Retired)
vandelay

[ Edited ]

Thank you all for reporting your experiences on this thread, they have helped Nokia to find out more about this issue.

Nokia has identified the cause for this problem and it is being addressed. As always, normal Nokia warranty rules apply here, so if you encounter any problems with your device, we advise you to contact your local Nokia Care.

Some forum members have already posted links to the video where Nokia’s Excecutive Vice President Niklas Savander talks about the Nokia N8 quality and what Nokia is doing to make sure people can get the best possible experience with their device:

http://conversations.nokia.com/2010/11/18/evp-niklas-savander-discusses-nokia-n8-quality/

If you are having any problems with your Nokia N8, take it your nearest Nokia Care point for inspection. You can find locations globally via

www.nokia.com/repair

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
matyen

I've made an official complaint to Nokia CEO, Mr. Stephen Elop and few Customer Care in Malaysia has contacted me on this matter today.

Hope Nokia open their eyes wider in tackling such issues when it come to the customer problems.

So, now is time for them to improve their product if they still want to be one of the market leader in selling mobile devices and to get back their customer's trust, they really need to improve after sales service and not take all the complaint for granted.

Please use plain text.
kurtster20

I understand New phones and tech can fail and no doult the Nokia team are aware of the fact, So why not have a removable harddrive or card inbedded into the phone so presious data, videos etc can be removed and returned back to their owners if these phone died or stop working.  I have lost my baby girls birthday that i recorded in HD on the N8. Thanks Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

The phone has a removable memory card ???

and it's always a good idea to back up anything important

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Brijesh85

[ Edited ]
Hi Guys, I am facing same issue and very disappointed with nokia N8. Earlier it get restarted when I tried to load any application. Suddenly It got switch off, now I can't turn on and can't charge. Nokia need to take initiative and make global announcement to replace all the defective handset which they have delivered in market. Nokia people, Please suggest us to what to do...
Please use plain text.
Galileo85

So Nokia seems to have found the solution, but what ist the problem?

Now i have to wait for a new n8. if it´s keeping turning off, i have to change. with such problems, nokia will not sell any phone..... best of all, you don´t get answeres from mails, and when you get them to the phone, the problem is caused by user... about weeks... if my phone comes back, i want all the special free ovi-store apps too! :smileytongue: blame on you nokia!

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

eioua wrote:

I want a replacement but there IS NO REPLACEMENT HERE as per NOKIA Philippines Policy. They will just repair it, not replace....

It is standard throughout the world, not only for Nokia but also many manufacturers of similar types of electronic device, that the warranty conditions state that a faulty product will be repaired. It is when repair proves impossible that a replacement may be offered.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

All I want to state out is that the users need to SPEND TIME to go to the NCC to do any fixed... all this action are time consuming...

And for ALL FYI, my N8 AFTER changed new MoBo on the dead N8 issue now it seem another issue surfaced... the phone will stopped charging out of sudden with a popup message (but can't get the message since it's just a sec popup then gone), the 1st time it happen a simple re-plugin the charger won't get the phone start back charging and only with a reboot. And this is the 2nd day it happen but this round a simple re-plugin the phone able to charge back... NOW what I suspect this failure are due to internal temperature protecting circuitry OR battery issue AGAIN!!!!... this is plain stupid!!!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
micmid

Dear Matyen,
I had the same problem in Italy. Bought on Oct. 31, died two days ago. I got evasive answers from local nokia care. Could you please tell me how you could complain with the CEO directly? I'd love to do the same: 500 euros to buy the top of Nokia's phones to use it for WORKING purpouses (not for PLAYING with it) and the net result is that I'm without a telephone after just two weeks
Please use plain text.
Advisor
micmid

Dear Nokia Administrator,

I see that dr. Savander publicly admitted that Nokia N8 has a problem. Mine died after just 15 days, I brought it today to a Nokia care in Padova, Italy and got VERY EVASIVE answers from an attendant which was chatting on Skype while telling me that they had never heard about such a problem with N8. 

Could you please tell me whether this is what I should expect when buying the Nokia top-phone? I intended to use it for work. Truth is that, after just two weeks I'm without a phone.

I look forward to seeing your reply

Best regards

Please use plain text.
Advisor
eioua

If that's the case, then fine. But why on Earth are they taking so long to fix a phone? 2-3 weeks to months? Without any updates from them about what is happening in my phone? Is it still included in the policy to wait for a century to get your hard-earned phone?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
eioua

OK. I got the phone. Will test later on. Now it is full of scratch. Thanks Nokia!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
slimboyfat045

my n8 has gone off and it wont start again and it kept restarting after i installed this app from gsm arena.ive been a nokia consumer ever since the 6600 n70 n73 and after the n8 im sorry to say this may be the end.......very dissapointed with the n8 and the customer service they offer......this iphone /android killers a joke nokia sell if any of u guys have invested in nokia sell ure stocks while u still can..............been searchin online for a soultion and EVERY n8 user ive met till now has this issue...............met 4 pple with the n8

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kboung

I feel this really sucks.. just imagine people saving hard earn money to buy a new phone and some used it for few days only before it is dead.. this is a new flagship phone that is not cheap.. so Nokia expects user who just bought a new phone to be without a smartphone for weeks or find own temporary phone? If Nokia needs to take 2-3 weeks to repair a new phone, without considering replacement, then the reputation is definitely going down..

btw, I have a fren who just experienced a dead Iphone 4.. blank screen even if hard reset.. Apple shop replaced a new Iphone 4 for my fren ON THE SPOT!!  no stupid waiting for weeks, no excuses for new parts not available, no chance for additional scratches or bad workmanship after return from repair etc..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vosdr

I have the same problem. I won't start and does not charge. It died 1 hour after purchase.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Administrator (Retired)
vandelay

[ Edited ]

We appreciate all feedback and your thoughts about this issue, and as said, they have helped Nokia to find out more about the problem.

However, we in the Discussions team do not allow anyone posting links to other websites that claim to know more about this issue than Nokia does.

You are free to share your personal experiences here, but we will remove references or links to any 3rd party "investigations" which are based on random samples and unvalidated data.

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
WK1234

[ Edited ]

There is a couple of reasons why I completely disagree with Nokia response sticking to the standard warranty/offering repairs:

1. Pointing to regular warranty terms would make sense, but only for merchantable quality devices.

Thing is that faulty N8 batch introduced by Nokia into the marker was NOT of merchantable quality, was it ? This makes a substantial difference.

Therefore, offerring repairs (taking weeks) is not the proper way of dealing with the situation. To me, it sounds like a nasty joke.

Immediate replacement is the only acceptable solution to me - if Nokia is serious about customers.

2. My N8 died last Saturday. I conctacted Nokia Care in my country yesterday in the morning, but they told me they are unaware of the faulty N8 batch - i.e. unaware of the problem, which Nokia top executive admitted to last week and entire world know about.

So I contacted Nokia PL for help - but learnt more or less the same.

My question is how is Nokia Care supposed to diagnose the problem/fix the phone, if they are unaware ? I lost any trust in their ability to diagnose and fix immediately.

Shame on Nokia.

To make a long story short:

Nokia sold me c**p (the device) - now selling me another c**p (telling to repair).

Totally wrong approach.

Again - this is a matter of decency, Nokia. Your choice.

I will end up with a faulty device. You will end up out of the market if you keep doing this.

regards

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

4 Nokia discussions team

"We appreciate all feedback and your thoughts about this issue, and as said, they have helped Nokia to find out more about the problem."

I think many, many people around the globe would appreciate your cooperation if you share WHAT PRECISELY YOU HAVE FOUND OUT ABOUT THE PROBLEMCustomers have the right to know what's going on after all. Is it true that the N8 death problem is related to one of EEPROM contacts losing connection while the multilayer motherboard is being slightly distorted by higher temperature?  May we ask you if the "mobile review" investigation is relevant? If so, what precisely Nokia goes to do to correct this?

I think your current stance of censorship and omissions would do no good for the company anyway. Me personally, I am a regretful N97 user, and a faithful prior user of many Nokias. I think I am worth some respect from the company.

Whatever, I decided to postpone any consideration of  buying a N8 until February at least.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rajhot

Re: 4 Nokia discussions team

I gave my phone to NCC for 2nd time on thursday, today they called me and informed i'll be getting a replacement :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.