Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

My mobile phone won't turn on?

Registered Member
cardifftodd

My mobile phone won't turn on?

I switched off my mobile phone like usual before I started work this morning. Then when I tried to turn it back on at lunch, it would turn on but would not reach the sign in screen but remain blank until I decided to turn it off and try again. I tried this several times but it did not make any difference. The phone is relatively new but is nearing the end of its 18-month contract now. It's a Nokia 6220 :smileyhappy: All help and advice gratefully received! :smileyvery-happy:
(Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section!) x
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: My mobile phone won't turn on?

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried leaving battery out for 10 minutes and replacing?

Does it make any difference if memory card removed?

Although you would lose all data, as a last resort you could try keeping the following buttons *, 3 (number button) and talk/green key depressed whilst powering on the phone and do not release those buttons until you see the Nokia "shaking hands" logo.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cardifftodd

Well I have taken the battery out and will try putting it back in in a minute, don't really want to risk losing all my data tho! :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cardifftodd

It still turns on like before but still won't go past the 'Nokia' screen before reverting back to a blank/white screen when normally it would proceed to the network screen and then ask for my password.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

WSOD = White screen of death is never good news and looking likely that visit to Nokia Care Point is necessary and consequently your data is probably going to be in jeopardy.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

So if you want to avoid Nokia Care, try the reset mentioned above.

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
Amol104

I have same problem, and i tried the trick which is mension above but still my phone nokia 5200 is won't turn ON
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

[ Edited ]

Is 5200 a Symbian handset? If not, then that's why the trick that was mentioned above doesn't work for you. Sorry, but you have to visit a Nokia Care point.

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
Advisor
caro1990

5200 is S40 phone, so indeed Nokia Care Point is the way to go.

Please use plain text.
RafVne2

[ Edited ]

Holly **bleep**ttt!!!!!.... It took forever to sign up to this forum.... I was gonna say something... exept I I can't remember what was it.

Oh... right...

So I did take out battery. I have tried every sugestion around.

I'm sorry... This post sound like a duoche...

NVM...

Does anyone, care to help me out?

Please!

I have a N97.... just in case...

Edit...

It just turn itserf  on... **bleep**... and it works,,, Really **bleep**...

Please use plain text.
RafVne2

[ Edited ]

Bot deleted words.... so in case you didn't get it... i meant "**Bleep**"

Ignore words below.
Testing....
**bleep**, **bleep**, **bleep**,,**bleep**, **bleep**,

Moderator's note: We have edited your post. Please don't use inappropriate words on this forum.

Please use plain text.
lusipherbobby

I have nokia c5-00 based on s60 3rd edition, when i switch off it doesn't get switch on. Although it vibrates but further the screen is blank, after trying the switch on button many time it sometimes get switch on which i only think is due to my luck.. Please sought it out.
I also took my mobile to Nokia care point and they told me the problem related to power (don't know exactly) and after that my mobile start working properly for some months but now again the above mentioned problem start., and moreover after getting repair it from care point, headphones in my mobile also stop working (they had taken out the IC of headphone from my mobile as told by my cousin who is mobile engineer)..
Pls sought out this problem and also tell me action against that Nokia Care point (if possible)..
Please use plain text.