Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N70 Crashes & Won't Power On

N70 Crashes & Won't Power On

I have had x2 Nokia N70 which whilst both connected to my laptop (it's a clean laptop no viruses, as upto to date with Anti Virus Software and also used only at work for which there is a very tight firewall), each has suddenly, after being connected for a while, files (.mp3 clips) have been transfered, the phone was sync'd with my outlook and also I have sent text messages (All without problems).

I am now unable to power on the phone and it's dead as a dodo.

I would like another one, so it will again be return it under the 14 day money back option, but this is becoming annoying.

Can anyone help please?

Any advise suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Re: N70 Crashes & Won't Power On

are you connecting via cable?
Please use plain text.

Hi seraphim,

Yes I am connecting via cable, it's the one that was supplied with the phone (Both times different cables), and using the nokia phone suite software.

Thanks
Please use plain text.

I have the exact same problem. Was transfering an image using the "Create Wallpaper" software and then edit that image using the software on the phone.

The phone wont start at all no matter what I do (try to start in safe mode and a hard reset - no luck)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
first_rapsody

Hi, i got my N70 2 months ago and , while i was updating my phone software via Nokia software updater. My phone got disconnected before the update has completed now my phone is off, i tried to turn it on several times, but it didn't work (it won't Power on).
What should i do?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi exactly the same thing happened to me. Was connected by cable to my PC (incidentaly this took hundreds of attempts to get the synchronisation software working), the phone was getting updated with the new software. Half-way through, the phone shuts down and hasn't been able to power up since.

Anyone know what's going on?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]
Basically what has happened is that the firmware has been changing as the phone switched off, so you don't have working firmware in the phone and it can't power up.

Solution - send it to Nokia to get it fixed free of charge (it is their fault it has stopped working etc.)

Should be able to get the nokia support number from the website.

Message Edited by numptyn70 on 02-Dec-2006
05:03 PM

Please use plain text.

The same thing has happened to my n70 - can you tell me whether the reloading of the firmware was successful? Please tell me that it was and is now working perfectly! At least the backup of data to my laptop worked.
Please use plain text.