Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N70 Screensaver problems

Contributor

N70 Screensaver problems

Hi, can anybody help me i am fairly new to using the N70 and i want to know how to change and put new screensavers on the phone.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
llendorin

Hi there,

The screensaver can be changed from the themes menu.

Enter the themes menu, scroll down to the theme you have in use and select options, then edit. This will bring up the menu to change the screen saver (called power saver in the menu)

As for putting new screensavers on the phone, i'd recommend installing PC Suite and using that to transfer any downloaded content to the phone.
Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]
do you MEAN screensaver or wallpaper? wallpaper... look at your image in the gallery and in options, you can set it as wallpaper. if you actually mean the screensaver as in 'time an date' or text then go thru the theme menu.

You can also find a powersaver application that you can set ANY picture or animation as yor screensaver/powersaver

Message Edited by wolfy on 04-Feb-2006
09:00 PM

Please use plain text.
Sage

Install XXL Screen Saver from http://www.gosymbian.com/ and you'll be off and running.

In theory, anyway. Check with the author that it's N70-compatible!

Steve
Steve Litchfield
3-Lib (Tips/resources/Info for Nokia smartphones and Communicators) plus All About Symbian
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

i have recently installed XXLSSaver but my phone hangs everytime at the "save and restart" dialog when i change the screensaver...i have to do a hard reboot (remove battery) to get rid of it...anyone else facing same issue here?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

yeah same here...hope i can find a real software that can let us use any pic as a screensaver:smileyfrustrated: i really want it and ill be happy if i find and be able to do it easily
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have already installed screensaver softwares in my Nokia N70 cell phone but no effect has been observed. What else to be done?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I know the thread is kind of old but it led me to the solution to what I wanted with this screensaver.

I downloaded and installed XXL ScreenSaver from http://www.gosymbian.com/XXLSS_download.html and although it froze after changing the setting inside the application when it was supposed to save & reboot it worked and when I went back to the app the setting had been changed.

So, step-by-step:

1 - Install XXL ScreenSaver;

2 - Reboot Phone

3 - Go to Settings, then Themes and change the Power Saver to «GoSymbian.com» instead of text or date&time (default)

4 - Go to XXLConfig app, change to whatever option you'd like

5 - Apply Settings and press OK to Save&Reboot (the phone will probably freeze now)

6 - Wait a while and then do a hard reset to the phone (remove battery) and then start phone again.

Now if you go to XXLConfig again it should have your chosen setting.

You're done now.

It just worked on my N70.

Please use plain text.