Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Not Just N70 >:-(

Registered Member

Re: Nokia N70

I tried to reset my phone but to no avail but I have tried the download patch and also the changing log time but have found that for the last 4 days using my phone in 2g mode means I have control of the ringtone. I now have a 3g phone set to 2g just to get rid of the nokia tune ringtone which is not why I bought the phone.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: N70 uses different ring tone

Well, since i cleared my log that painful Nokia ringtone hasn't appeared, until today!!
So i cleared my log again (i've left the setting on 30 days)and hey presto the Nokia ringtone vanishes thank god. Today is the 30th day since my last call log clear out-weird it plays up now! Not sure whether it's a rolling 30 days or after 30 days from the first log it clears the last 30 days. (If you know what i mean)
Not to worry, i shall look forward to the Nokia tone in 30 days time-not!
Please use plain text.

Finally,
I have upgrade my Nokia N70 to new version (V5.0609.2.0.1) and it's slove ringe tone problem.
So, anyone has old version (V3) has to upgrade his phone ASAP to be comfortable.

Best Regards,

Aseel
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

the way you fix the n70 for a short while is you take da battery off and put it back on then it will work till next time
Please use plain text.

Hi, it's 2007. Orange still sells N70s and, guess what, N70s are still buggy. Well, mine is for sure.

It has been awhile since anyone posted here. Any new solution?
Please use plain text.

hi everybody
i am facing this problem since i upgraded my phone software to v5.0705.3.0.1
30-01-07
rm-84 4 days back.
before upgrading i used to face this problem but it was very rare
but since the upgrade my phone plays only the default ring tone and it really sucks.i have installed the patch and even changed the log to 1 day duration but still it does not work for me.plz anybody help me
Please use plain text.

i think i was pretty happy with the previous version.
since i have upgraded i find this new problem which has arisen and i dont find that my phone has any improvised features after upgrading.if it was only to worsen my phone why does nokia suggests us to upgrade it.i am very disappointed.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Not Just N70 >:-(

This is happening to my N95-2 (N95 8GB) too.

This is a a really annoying problem and i really want Nokia to do something about this as i think it's much more of a problem considering it is happening on more than one handset.
Please use plain text.