Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N73 Charging Problem

N73 Charging Problem

have a Nokia N73 with charging issues. Had the phone sent to me from the UK with battery at about 1/2 charge. Used it for a bit then put on charge, charging indicator came up, left it on charge overnight. In the morning I couldn't power up the phone and phone was in black. Bought a new 'tested' battery, the phone power up fine and worked for a couple of days. When I had to charge it and I plugged it in, charging indicator came up the same problem occured.

Tested ac adapter (8.2 volts) with no load. Tested battery connectors on phone end going into the battery with ac adapter plugged in meter showed 1.02 volts. 'New' dead battery reads 2.9volts.

Any ideas or suggestions??

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Advisor
lr1162

Re: N73 Charging Problem

First
Is your battery an original one Check that out at the nokia battery verification website

Next is your charger a comapatible one check that out

Also if you have the owner manual it states the types of chargers which are compatible too.

you could have a battery problem or a charger problem.

Also check your voltage rating in your country.
Cheerio
Take care
Lakshmana Raj
Please use plain text.
Professor
kamenlitchev

Re: N73 Charging Problem

N73 original adapter has:

Output: DC 5V/890mA

Seems to me as if you're frying the battery and the phone.
Ericsson T10i -> Nokia 7110 -> Siemens C45, C55, M55, M65 -> Nokia 6131, N73, N82 -> HTC Wildfire, Desire HD -> Nokia Lumia 800 -> HTC Desire X -> Lumia 820 -> Sony Xperia SP -> Lumia 925 + Sennheiser CX 500
If I've helped, use the Kudos button to thank
:smileywink:
Please use plain text.