Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N73 drops connection gps receiver

N73 drops connection gps receiver

i have a N73 model firmware version 3.0704.1.0.1 i use it with tom tom v.6.010 and blutooth receive iblue PS 737.
The point is that connection drops every minute and automatically restart. No problem with nokia 6600. HELP!
Please use plain text.
Contributor

22-Mar-200706:49 PM
tages2k wrote:
i have a N73 model firmware version 3.0704.1.0.1 i use it with tom tom v.6.010 and blutooth receive iblue PS 737.
The point is that connection drops every minute and automatically restart. No problem with nokia 6600. HELP!

Have exactly the same problem same software , same gps receiver just running on N73 music edition , have heard there is a problem with the N73 bluetooth losing connection , anyone help ?
Please use plain text.

Just to add a detail: it seems to be a problem related to Baud rate of gps receiver because if i set it at 19200 connection is stable. THe point is that receiver does not maintain settings and it is difficult to interface.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Took my phone out case (crystal type) works fine now !!!!! Dont suppose you have your phone in a case ?
Please use plain text.

i do not. so u say that now u do not have any problem???? just getting it out the case?? one question: do u know how to interface the receiver to change parameters??
Please use plain text.
Contributor

26-Mar-200707:21 PM
tages2k wrote:
i do not. so u say that now u do not have any problem???? just getting it out the case?? one question: do u know how to interface the receiver to change parameters??

Yeah , weird seems like it has improved the conection by just taking out of the case , not sure how to interface to change parameters.
Heres a link to the instructions , maybe they can help there is a page on testing your blutooth receiver

http://www.transystem.com.tw/pdf_gps/Manual_i-Blue737_Rev1.1.pdf
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Also if you google "ibt-gps software" loads of sites come up with support and software downloads that might help , just note this receiver is marketed with a different name all over the world but is the same product. Hope this helps
Please use plain text.

Thanks, but i have already tried with visualgps and no problem!
Please use plain text.