Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N73 sim card not valid

N73 sim card not valid

I have an unlocked N73 that I bought unlocked from Nokia about a year ago. My first problem is that it turns on and off by itself. My second problem happened a few weeks later where I get that message "Sim Card Not Valid", I have tried rebooting and got new sim card and have no clue on what to do next. I would hate to send it to Nokia because it is out of warranty.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
illinjah

Re: N73 sim card not valid

You can try solving the problem by updating your phone using the NSU:

Nokia Software Updater

All you need for this is a internet connection and a data cable for your phone!

Give it a try and let is know what happened! :smileyhappy:
By clicking the "Kudos!" or the "Solution?" button on the right you can say "Thank You" and you´ll show the author and others that the post is useful.

The day we stop improving is the day we stop being good.

Please use plain text.

I tried to update the software but unfortunately it asks me for a sim card.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
illinjah

Then the only choice you have is taking it to a Nokia Care Point to have it fixed. There may be a small charge for this service.

Care points/service centres and repair info:

UKEuropeAsia-PacificUSA
CanadaMiddle East and Africa

Any other country: Click here, select your country, go to the support section, then select repair.

PS: This is my 300th post! :smileyvery-happy:
By clicking the "Kudos!" or the "Solution?" button on the right you can say "Thank You" and you´ll show the author and others that the post is useful.

The day we stop improving is the day we stop being good.

Please use plain text.