Anyone notice any new changes?
I suppose you haven't noticed any changes either have you?
Ops, I have not try to install.. Maybe when I am less tied up. I running on v20.175 and still happy with it.
Mainly for web-browsing, photo taking and calls. When I read about the SIM contacts 99 names issue for V30, I am pretty much afraid about the new firmwares. especially ending with small numbers like. XX.001. Sounds prototype.
V32.001 is XX.001
2009-12-23 19:40 - edited 2009-12-23 19:40
"When I read about the SIM contacts 99 names issue for V30, I am pretty much afraid about the new firmwares.
Sorry, I'm not familiar with that problem. What happens?
I store all my numbers to the phone and then back then up on the phone itself.
Never lost a number yet and the space isn't limited as far as I can tell.
My phone is locked to T-mobile with product code 0579938.
I managed to change it to a different code and that how I managed to get the latest software.
I lost most of the operator branding in the process. It's not network SIM unlocked though.
Installed the update and nothing to report on the update front..
however I hope to get someone on the dev team to read this..
NEXT UPDATE FIX THE MUSIC PLAYER PLEASE!!
I have 2 main problems with the built in music player.
1. The music player does not have a sort feature and just arranges the tracks how it likes.Even if I edit the tags, the phone still reverts to some unknow track #.The phone just does as it likes..It doesn't read the track #'s from the file...so when i load an album it never plays in the right sequence..very annoying
2. Gapless play back...I can't imagine that in 2010. That a N Series phone doesn't do gapless playback of mp3s.And no I refuse to download some application 2 do that..
OK.Thanks for the space to rant.. I'm done....
and I wont even touch on the numerous times my phone crashes when listening to music and 1. Getting a call or 2. Sending a SMS txt msg.
I can only second that. My music player plays most albums in alphabetical order, which makes it almost unusable when wanting to listen to an whole album!
This is so annoying, regarding the N 79 is supposed to be a multimedia (!!!) phone.
I don't understand why this isn't fixed yet, shouldn't be a big deal after all...
Under settings you can change it to Random mode.
However the problem I see is that the music player detects all files in the phone. Even ringtones gets added. Is there a setting using which only songs from a particular folder only get played ?
2010-01-24 15:00 - edited 2010-01-24 15:01
Sorry, I probably put it wrong, in case you're refering to me. I meant the same as the user 'scikokid' two posts above mine.
Not the sorting of the albums is the problem, but the sorting of the tracks withing the albums. Sometimes it is sorted by the track numbers (how it should be), but often just in alphabetical order. I reckon it has to do with different versions tag ids, and that the nokia music player cannot read all different versions properly.
- Playing youtube videos fullscreen lags so much.
- This stupid thing do not know how to manage with AOL email box! Works just fine with my iPhone and Mac but not with Nokia's **bleep** phones. **bleep**??!!
- If I choose from settings use "default acces point" it asks from me EVERY FREAKING TIME which connection I want to use. Why this moron just can use Wifi when I am in wifi area (like at home) or just 3G when I am out there!
- Ovi Store makes me crazy! If I get link to Ovi store, The first phone opens browser ask connetion point, then suddenly it realize that I have installed Ovi store clien, it opens it asks again connetion point and leaves after all the browser on in the background to ruin my battery life! **bleep** again!
- Several hangs in normal use like texting.
- Browsers have crashed like 5 times after update. Memory leak somewhere?
- Radio is rubbish! Works like this for me: 1. sounds great some good song begins 2. suddenly it's gone 3. after 30secs it come back. **bleep** 3rd time!
I would like to know, HOW Nokia can even make as rubbish phone as N79 is after great succes of N95? Oh yes I know, it was the N96 which ruined everything!