Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N79 - Intermittent freezing problems

Counsellor

[ Edited ]

I am certain now that the problem is with the keypad. The phone is not hang. It is still running. Just that the keys will not response to any input.

I know because when I am playing a game, and the keypad freezes, I can see the game is still running but I cannot move anything. Also when the keypad freezes, a call can still come in but I cant answer it. Also if you open the camera door, the camera app would come on. You can even sync when it is frozen.

The problem is with the keypad. 

Message Edited by fring on 20-Feb-2009 01:11 AM
Nokia N79 8GB
SW Version: 11.049 RM-348
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

That's exactly what the problem is.

To tell the truth,2 of the users have solved the problem by themselves.

They changed the keypad all by themselves without the help of the NOKIA.

I don't wanna take the risk to change it by myself.

How about you?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

of course i will take it back to nokia since its still under warranty
Nokia N79 8GB
Please use plain text.

i'm italian and i have the same problem!! i hope that with a new firmware everything will solve
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

i cant wait for a new firmware update. my phone's keypad freezes everyday, everytime i use it. 
Nokia N79 8GB
Please use plain text.

nokia have to do something as soon is possible! Call back the phone and change immediatly free at nokia care or if is possible made a new firmware to fix it ,because this is a problem that affect many phone. And they can't unknown the problem because this is not the only post in the forums
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Yes NOKIA 5800 has bug and it affected many users. I have started a topic about this but it was deleted?! Many users said that we have to wait for the new firmware. But how long do we have to wait? I don't know. It really afffected our life.
Please use plain text.

i'm very sad!!! because if a pay lot of money i want good quality and this phone don't have!  it's impossible that it freeze continuously. i think that we have only wait, Nokia can't ignore this problem

Please use plain text.
xacx

Same problem. I reinstalled the software (11.049) again twice, I did every kind of reset more than once, I changed my sim card, I tried by using the phone without micro sd memory, I deleted all messages, all pictures, all themes and all music but I still can't use my phone. I bought it on dec 13th, after a week I had to bring it back to the shop where I bought it because it suddently swiched off and I couldn't turn it on, it was completely "dead". They gave me a new phone, I used it 3 weeks and then the display started flashing and at last it became black and I had to bring the phone back to the shop again. They fixed it, I collected it again 1 week ago, I updated the software because they didn't do it and the following day it starded freezing exactly how you described in this discussion. Sometimes it also slides the menu continuosly and I have to switch it off to stop it. I can't use it, it freezes continually!!! I hope they'll solve the problem soon or I'll claim my money back and buy a better phone, I'm fed up. :smileymad:
Please use plain text.

yes me too! i hope that someone, even if don't reply, reads our trouble!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hello

In fact , two of the users had their N79 fixed.

However, 1 wekk later,the problem started again.

There are at least 22 users have the same problem in a BBS.

By the way , where do you come from?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
alisim

Hi there i'm from Turkiye and i have  same problem , This problem has everywhere, why waiting nokia?
Please use plain text.

i don't understand why noone says us what we have to do or if they are looking for same solution! i really don't understand this policy.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

just take it back to nokia service center. thats what im going to do. but this week im busy and need the phone. next week i will take it back. there is no other choice. its a hardware failure....nothing we can do ourselves
Nokia N79 8GB
Please use plain text.

fring please. after say to us if you solve your problem and if nokia care change your phone with same model or another,everything that can be interesting. thanks
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

i will post the results. maybe this coming wednesday or thursday i will take it back

but what are you all waiting for? take your phones back for repairs..... 

Message Edited by fring on 22-Feb-2009 02:00 AM
Nokia N79 8GB
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

one thing i dont understand is that how you people can arive at such a conclusion that it is a hardware failure?? i too have some freezing problems , but as much as you people
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

these two days i cannot reset via on/off button anymore. i have to remove the battery. Sometimes after powering up, its still "hang" so have to remove battery again a few times

hopefully i can take it in this thursday 

Nokia N79 8GB
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hy i'm from Romania, i have the same firmware version just like fring here, 11.049 , is the latest one, and i don't have this freezeing problem, i'm using this phone for almost 2 months! but i have another problem and i wannt someone here to try for themselves! first listen some music with the player, then listen a radio station (not internet, just radio) ,try changing the volume,  after 1, 2 or 3 minutes the phone restart! i don't know why , i formatted C  tried with 7370 and the 4 button press to format, but stiill the same radio problem! the phone restarts
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

staicueduard - there is another thread for 11.049 bugs - /discussions/board/message?board.id=swupdate&message.id=47432&query.id=625628#M47432

Yesterday my phone never encounter the keys freezing. For a moment I thought the problem went away but this morning the problem came back and its worse than ever. Now I remove the battery to reset it and maybe make one call before the problem start again. Its more frequent now and nearer apart. Which is good I guess this way I can show the workshop the problem. 

Nokia N79 8GB
Please use plain text.