Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N79 in silent mode with bluetooth headset: sou...

sodaftl

N79 in silent mode with bluetooth headset: sound does not go to bluetooth headset

cell: nokia N79

bluetooth headset:  java JX10

SW version: 20.175, custom version 20.175.2343, type RM-350

issue: in silent mode, no sound goes to the bluetooth headset when someone calls...! anyone knows about a fix?

Soda
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Russian_Blue

Re: N79 in silent mode with bluetooth headset: sound does not go to bluetooth headset

There is NO fix, as far as I know.

I have a Nokia E6-00, and MULTIPLE bluetooth headsets (I have a hard time trying to find a comfortable fit + good sound combo).

I also own a Nokia N79, like you do.

So, with all of my other headsets I DO have a sound coming in the bluetooth headsets when the silent profile is activated in my cell phones (BOTH of them), but with the NEWEST Nokia BH-609. there is NONE.

I think, it is the bluetooth - phone incompatibility.

I decided I will try another headset, thinking, it might be that the unit was defective, but after reading your post, I think it is just a bug.

If I were you, I would try a different headset with your Nokia N79, maybe even several headsets, in silent mode.

IF none of them works, then something is wrong with your phone.

BUT, alas, there is NO fix.

Please use plain text.