Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N79 - screensaver still doesn't work.

Counsellor

N79 - screensaver still doesn't work.

Even after the v31 update, the issue is still present. Any screensaver you choose turns off after a few seconds. 

We've had this discussion  [url=/discussions/board/message?board.id=smartphones&thread.id=120092&view=by_date_ascending&page=1#]here[/url], but somehow it got labeled as "solved", even tho it obviously isn't.

It's annoying that I have to press a button to turn on the screen, every time I want to check for missed calls/messages or to check the time... I'd expect a smartphone to be "smarter". Instead, it seems like Nokia wasted time on gimmicky features like changing themes with back covers (does anyone actually use that??).

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: N79 - screensaver still doesn't work.

..i actually use the changing theme feature 'cos i like my colour covers, and i also bought the white one.

but sait that, i agree with the screensaver issue, at Nokia they know it but they still refuse to fix it and still go on with the same software similar to the n85 one... the just don't care about customers, they just try to fix vital issues like the phonebook one, and with a lot of delay. shame on them! (is it possible that a €300 "smart"phone couldn't "see" no more than 90 contacts for 4 months?!?!)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

My take on this is that if they don't even plan on fixing it (maybe it's too hard to do) they should at least remove that feature/menu entry from the phone, with the next firmware update. So there's no more confusion.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sockatume

R&D has been aware of the issue since before the last update and had no intention of fixing it then. Unless they've changed their minds for the next update, you can forget it.
Help I'm trapped in a sig factory.
Please use plain text.
Sage
masameland

How you can still dream about new fw? Look example N95/N95 8bg/N82. Those are actually good phones and they have high sale numbers but still all thee of them fw is still after two years in v31.

N79 is now so called "up to date" with it's fw v31.

End of story.

Me, Mac and my misengineered N97
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sockatume

You can't use previous software updates to judge when Nokia's going to stop updating a phone.
Please use plain text.
Sage
masameland

I did it already. It's a miracle if Nokia is going to release yet another update for N79. Why they should bother to develope more phone that have sold only like 200 000 units?
Me, Mac and my misengineered N97
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sockatume

That's a perfectly good reason for them not to do another update, which has nothing to do with the version number.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
_kutti

Re: N79 - Profile.

purchased in december 2009 , n79 hangs on creating new profile..... went to Nokia care and they updated to latest version ,i lost theme diy application on upgrading to the V32 version. But still i am unable to create new profiles.... i hope this phone is worth less for its cost.....

Please help me what should i do for better performance.... No light ellumiates on a new msg arriaval, missed call i can say like this many,,,,,, this phone is really bakwass... n72 is 10 - 10000 times better with less cost

Please help me what shoul i do for better performance... Nokia care is also helpless with this phone

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
praveenN79

Re: N79 - Profile.

Hi, I too had the same problem till last night with my N79. I reset the phone this time by keying *#7370# . This will reset the phone and erase the phone memory too. So take a back up of phone memory before reseting. now you can create new profiles! Hope this will solve your problem.
Please use plain text.